Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[UPDATED v.1.2] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

Submit here your entries for the Revitalize Competition. Deadline is September 30th.
Rules can be found here: http://wololo.net/revitalize/
twisted

Re: vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

Post by twisted »

Rinnegatamante wrote:[
I'll try to see what i can do but at the moment there are no sample for sceAudio and trying to make it work good is not so easy cause it accepts only some samplerate and doesn't have a built-in loop mode for example (which is hardly needed for streaming like vitaQuake does [that's the motivation why the audio is a bit choppy]).
Have you checked the leaked official VIta SDK? Several example of how to use the Audio framework in there.
Advertising
TheGrandPubaa

Re: [UPDATED v.1.1] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

Post by TheGrandPubaa »

Rinnegatamante wrote:
TheGrandPubaa wrote:Just a couple of quick first impressions/comments. Firstly, when I try to invert the camera controls, it seems to invert horizontal as well instead of just inverting the vertical which is somewhat problematic. Secondly, I launched vitaQuake from PSP2Shell with no problems but when I went to quit the game, Unity closed rather than PSP2Shell booting back up.
Never used invert camera feature in any fps so i really didn't know that it inverts only vertical changes.
I'll patch it right now and it will be shipped with v.1.2.
Awesome, i'm looking forward to it.
Advertising
b2p1mp

Post by b2p1mp »

TheGrandPubaa wrote:
Rinnegatamante wrote:
TheGrandPubaa wrote:Just a couple of quick first impressions/comments. Firstly, when I try to invert the camera controls, it seems to invert horizontal as well instead of just inverting the vertical which is somewhat problematic. Secondly, I launched vitaQuake from PSP2Shell with no problems but when I went to quit the game, Unity closed rather than PSP2Shell booting back up.
Never used invert camera feature in any fps so i really didn't know that it inverts only vertical changes.
I'll patch it right now and it will be shipped with v.1.2.
Awesome, i'm looking forward to it.
That is also how I play fps with a gamepad using 2 analogs. Invert the vertical only. That is the most common method. There are some PS2 games that also invert horizontal and you cannot change it and it bugs me so much that I cannot play those games....
Twenty Minutes Into the Future
Dasio

Post by Dasio »

I can't get vitaquake to work using rejuvenate. Every time I try to run it, it reaches this point:

Code: Select all

[Vita] load.c:131 Opening cache0:/VitaDefilerClient/Documents/homebrew.self for
reading.

[Vita] load.c:76 Read 0 bytes from cache0:/VitaDefilerClient/Documents/homebrew.
self

[Vita] load.c:145 Found a ELF, loading.

[Vita] load.c:200 Checking headers.

[Vita] load.c:227 Loading 4 program segments.

[Vita] load.c:268 Segment 0 is not loadable. Skipping.

[Vita] load.c:256 Allocated memory at 0x8C900000, attempting to load segment 1.

[Vita] load.c:256 Allocated memory at 0x8CA00000, attempting to load segment 2.

[Vita] load.c:276 Getting module info.

[Vita] load.c:282 Module name: vitaQuake.elf, export table offset: 0x0008C2B0, i
mport table offset: 0x0008C2E0
and then it just stays there, while nothing is happening. I've waited for 7+ minutes, and it still wont load. It would wait longer, but I need to keep touching my vita's screen so that it won't go into the freeze mode. Anyone else is having this problem?
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Sounds pretty strange.
To solve you can start PSP2SHELL and then use it to launch vitaQuake.
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
zxc2

Post by zxc2 »

Dasio wrote:I can't get vitaquake to work using rejuvenate. Every time I try to run it, it reaches this point:

Code: Select all

[Vita] load.c:131 Opening cache0:/VitaDefilerClient/Documents/homebrew.self for
reading.

[Vita] load.c:76 Read 0 bytes from cache0:/VitaDefilerClient/Documents/homebrew.
self

[Vita] load.c:145 Found a ELF, loading.

[Vita] load.c:200 Checking headers.

[Vita] load.c:227 Loading 4 program segments.

[Vita] load.c:268 Segment 0 is not loadable. Skipping.

[Vita] load.c:256 Allocated memory at 0x8C900000, attempting to load segment 1.

[Vita] load.c:256 Allocated memory at 0x8CA00000, attempting to load segment 2.

[Vita] load.c:276 Getting module info.

[Vita] load.c:282 Module name: vitaQuake.elf, export table offset: 0x0008C2B0, i
mport table offset: 0x0008C2E0
and then it just stays there, while nothing is happening. I've waited for 7+ minutes, and it still wont load. It would wait longer, but I need to keep touching my vita's screen so that it won't go into the freeze mode. Anyone else is having this problem?
You need to update you rejuvenate version. Use the last. I think is 3.4. That will fix you problem.
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Re: [UPDATED v.1.2] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

Post by Rinnegatamante »

New version released (v.1.2) with some neat new features!

Changelog:
- Added Retrotouch and Touch support.
- Added Use Retrotouch voice in Options Menu to enable / disable retrotouch.
- Fix for Invert Camera feature. Now it inverts only Y-axis.
- Introduced Danzeff Keyboard to Quake Console allowing you to use it without any problem. (Press Select to show it)
- Replaced (not working) Lookstrafe voice with (working) Show Crosshair voice in Options menu.
- Replaced (not working) Lookspring voice with (working) Field of View (FOV) voice in Options menu.
- Replaced (not working) CD Music Volume voice with (working) Depth of Field voice in Options menu.
- Increased Surface Cache Size from 1 MB to 4 MBs and moved it to Heap Memory (It means slight frameboost for massive scenes).
- Increased Heap Size (usefull for Quake mods) from 16 MBs to 20 MBs.
Download: http://rinnegatamante.it/vitaQuake12.rar
Poller77

Post by Poller77 »

Rinnegatamante wrote:New version released (v.1.2) with some neat new features!

Changelog:
- Introduced Danzeff Keyboard to Quake Console allowing you to use it without any problem. (Press Select to show it)
- Replaced (not working) Lookstrafe voice with (working) Show Crosshair voice in Options menu.
- Replaced (not working) Lookspring voice with (working) Field of View (FOV) voice in Options menu.
- Replaced (not working) CD Music Volume voice with (working) Depth of Field voice in Options menu.
- Increased Surface Cache Size from 1 MB to 4 MBs and moved it to Heap Memory (It means slight frameboost for massive scenes).
What does retrotouch and touch support do?
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Poller77 wrote:
Rinnegatamante wrote:New version released (v.1.2) with some neat new features!

Changelog:
What does retrotouch and touch support do?
Camera movement.
em4nu3l0

Post by em4nu3l0 »

SMOKE says:

" To homebrew devs: Exiting back to the shell is done via your homebrew. Simply make it exit normally ( eg return 0; or exit(0); ) on exit instead of using sceKernelExitProcess. UVLoader doesn't cleanup the memory allocated by the homebrew, so you need to cleanup those resources before exiting to avoid problems after loading multiple homebrews."

add this please!

Return to “Revitalize Competition”