Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[UPDATED] Snes9xVITA - SNES emulator based on Snes9x 1.52

Submit here your entries for the Revitalize Competition. Deadline is September 30th.
Rules can be found here: http://wololo.net/revitalize/
skogaby

Re: Snes9xVITA 1.0.0 - SNES emulator based on Snes9x 1.52

Post by skogaby »

reprep wrote:
baadaq wrote:grreat ui but 1.43 is more stable,faster and has more compatibility with more roms(lot of games just get perma freeze), loved the screen size option but sadly i ended losing all my states... installed this version, didn't work .. deleted and tried to reinstall 1.43 and my vitadefiler got corrupted.. ended reinstalling everything... but despite that is better than the normal 1.52 would be great having the option to swap between versions.
Yeah, i would love to be able to select 1.43 or 1.52 in the menu. Or a 1.43 one with the great GUI this version has.
I wanted to add an option to switch between 1.43 and 1.52, but that didn't make the cut before this release, and I'm too tied up to get that done before the competition is over. The source is on Github, though :)
Advertising
TheGrandPubaa

Post by TheGrandPubaa »

I, too, have little desire to update from 3.18 because I don't want to lose my TN-V exploit, so an option to load certain games with the 1.43 version of SNES9x would be great. Also, is there any way you can add at least the option to use the old exit button sequence to load the menu? Being that many SNES games use both L and R frequently, I could see it being a problem if ever we need to push both and, whoops, the menu comes up.
Advertising
KronosXLI

Post by KronosXLI »

I can't get FTPvita to run. Where can I get a working one (or an alternative)?
PSN: KronosXLI
Playing: Freedom Wars, Borderlands 2, Ar NoSurge Plus, Persona 4 Golden, Donganronpa 2
Lucif3r

Post by Lucif3r »

skogaby wrote: The performance is lower, but 1.52 is much more accurate than 1.43. 1.43 is a lot glitchier, they trade speed for accuracy. Now that 444MHz is supported, most games run fullspeed on 1.52, especially with frameskip thrown on top. In the future, I'd like to add the option of running 1.52 *or* 1.43 in the same emulator, but I didn't get to that point before releasing this, and didn't think I'd be able to do it in the next few weeks due to work, etc.

I havnt noticed any glitches in 1.43 tbh, except a couple of texture tears in Yoshis Island that I barely paid any mind to.

Would it be a lot of work adding the gui etc to a 1.43 build? That would be quite nice until you get the time to make a 'dual' build. :)
parisjen

Post by parisjen »

does this emulator work for psm unity?
ruyor
Retired Mod

Post by ruyor »

parisjen wrote:does this emulator work for psm unity?
It's made for Rejuvenate on Unity.
PCH-1001 - 3.60 - VHBL+PBubbles+HENkaku
PCH-1001 - 3.60 - VHBL+PBubbles+HENkaku
VTE-1001 - 3.60 - VHBL+PBubbles+HENkaku
My PSPs
01g:TA-079v1
01g:TA-086
02g:TA-085v1
02g:TA-085v2
04g:TA-093
09g:TA-095
05g:TA-091
Wizigard

Post by Wizigard »

Emulator is nicely done. I very much like UI and 444 mhz option seems to be quite helpfull. I have only tested this with Nobunaga's ambition Lord of darkness and it worked fine except for one issue, sound. I recall earlier versions of this Snes emulator didn't have sounds at all. From this viewpoint having at least some sound is good however with this particular game sound is glitching badly, it seems to be result of emulator not being able to render the game at full speed, frame skipping and increasing frequency seems to help a little bit but sound/music is still far from being clear. In PSP version of this emulator (i presume) , in which game seems to be running a bit worse/slower, there are no sound glitches even if music is slowed down as well. Solving this problem would be most appreciated, neverthenless it's still nice to have this kind of emulator on vita. Slowly vita's "native" emulation seems to catch up with psp and that's great so good job.
gigazig

Post by gigazig »

Where do I put roms? They doesn't show up.

Welp, made an interesting discovery. I copied roms with FTPii launched with PSM Dev Assistent, but run SNES9x Vita with PSM for Unity. It seems like SNES9x Vita uses different locations for roms when launched with PSM Dev Assistent and Unity. So if you want to make sure your roms show up, launch both FTPii and SNES9x Vita with either PSM Dev Assistent OR PSM Unity.
Lucif3r

Post by Lucif3r »

gigazig wrote:It seems like SNES9x Vita uses different locations for roms when launched with PSM Dev Assistent and Unity.
No, its not SNES9x that uses different locations, its PSM and PSM Unity that use different locations.
ViRGE

Post by ViRGE »

Thanks skogaby! It's still a bit rough around the edges, but I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out. :)

And a random FYI for anyone turning on the 444MHz option and wondering why it doesn't do anything: make sure you're running PSM Unity and not the regular PSM Dev. Turns out the 444MHz option is not available under the regular dev. :oops:

Return to “Revitalize Competition”