Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Henkaku hombrews on rejevunate?

Rejuvenate is a native homebrew platform for PS Vita. Read more about Rejuvenate here.
CoolMan1999x

Henkaku hombrews on rejevunate?

Post by CoolMan1999x »

I am on ps vita 3.18 (haven't installed rejevunate yet) and I have a few questions:

Since I have TN-V on 3.18 I wouldn't want to update to 3.60 for Henkaku,
However this article made me interested on updating : http://wololo.net/2016/08/16/moonlight- ... t-release/
So I looked around and found this:
HENkaku needs vpk files, while Rejuvenate used velf files (technically a vpk file is a zip file containing the velf file + some metadata, but Yifanlu gave the precision that most velf homebrews from Rejuvenate will not work out of the box without some recompilation
here:http://wololo.net/2016/07/31/ps-vita-3- ... nkaku-far/

So can't I (sorry if it is a noob question) convert vpk to velf and avoid updating? :?:

Advertising
reprep

Re: Henkaku hombrews on rejevunate?

Post by reprep »

compiling a henkaku compatible vita homebrew also gives you .elf/.velf files which should be compatible with rejuvenate. As my toolchain refuses to work, i couldn't try it yet though.

EDIT: rename .vpk file to .zip, extract the eboot.bin within .zip, cut the first .elf header (eboot.bin has 2 .elf headers), in my case i had to delete until 0x1000 in hex editor, it should be rejuvenate compatible. Another thing to keep in mind is that henkaku has full filesystem access where rejuvenate can only reach folders within PSM. I had to change the paths with ux0 to cache0 within the homebrew to overcome this .
Advertising
CoolMan1999x

Re: Henkaku hombrews on rejevunate?

Post by CoolMan1999x »

reprep wrote:compiling a henkaku compatible vita homebrew also gives you .elf/.velf files which should be compatible with rejuvenate. As my toolchain refuses to work, i couldn't try it yet though.

EDIT: rename .vpk file to .zip, extract the eboot.bin within .zip, cut the first .elf header (eboot.bin has 2 .elf headers), in my case i had to delete until 0x1000 in hex editor, it should be rejuvenate compatible. Another thing to keep in mind is that henkaku has full filesystem access where rejuvenate can only reach folders within PSM. I had to change the paths with ux0 to cache0 within the homebrew to overcome this .
Thx will try it out :D

Return to “Rejuvenate”