Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

What can non-programmers do to help?

Rejuvenate is a native homebrew platform for PS Vita. Read more about Rejuvenate here.
GiveMeCred

What can non-programmers do to help?

Post by GiveMeCred »

I've been a part of this community for a while now but I'm not contributing to anything. How can non-programmers help? I have a better understanding of computers than most people and I know HTML! But that's the extent of my knowledge. I'm sure the only thing someone like me can do is report bugs but maybe I'm wrong.

Speaking of bug reports how do you report a bug? I mean I know how to report a bug but when you report things to people you should always keep somethings to yourself. For example, when I was running a homebrew on Rejuvenate I noticed that in CMD it would stop at "Writing 0x8A805000 Wrote 0x100 byte." before the usual "[Vita] X Homebrew running..." leaving me with a black screen. Now I should copy everything in CMD and post it here for a bug report but what about the things after "Found Vita""Serial:" and "Found Vita network at" should I black them out?
[spoiler]Here is an image of the information I'm talking about Image[/spoiler]
I'm only bringing this up because I feel like if someone wants to help they should and even though reporting a bug is vary simple some information should be censored but what is that information? I'm not sure what someone would do with my Vitas serial or my network number so I'm sure others don't either. I'm sure I'm not the only one here that enjoys the work you guys do without being able to contribute.

Also how do you guys feel about ideas that people like me have? I know some people don't look up some of the obvious things before asking but doesn't an outside prospective help even if it's a dumb idea. For example I had an idea that involves VitaDefiler and the webkit exploit. Couldn't you use the webkit exploit to run VitaDefiler? You can run the internet browser at the same time PSM Dev is active and maybe you can access files from your vita that you put on it via VitaShell? See I feel dumb for talking about things I don't 100% understand but you never know if your on to something so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Those are the only two things I can think of that I can do to help the community. I was going to make individual posts about these three things but I thought it would be best to combine them with this question.
Advertising
GiveMeCred

Re: What can non-programmers do to help?

Post by GiveMeCred »

Feel free to delete this, I regret it anyways.
Advertising

Return to “Rejuvenate”