Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSM Unity On Vita Always Fails License Check?

Rejuvenate is a native homebrew platform for PS Vita. Read more about Rejuvenate here.
zekepliskin

PSM Unity On Vita Always Fails License Check?

Post by zekepliskin »

Hello everyone, I posted this over at GBATemp but I figure a specific Rejuvenate forum with more general traffic might be the best way to go. I have a Vita which when I got it was surprisingly running original EU Firmware 1.06, original thread here to bring those interested up to speed.

My Vita is running FW 3.18 and has Unity 1.05 installed from a PKG back when it was still on 3.01 (update to that courtesy of God Of War Collection, updated further as Unity needed 3.15 as you know).

I've followed the PSM+ instructions to the letter as best I can several times, for example:
  • Opening all the email files and closing the Email app rather than pressing OK when opening the attachements.
  • Publishing Utility for Unity was used to grab the device info and generate the publisher key, device seed and app key ring. Twice, just in case the previous keys expired or something like that.
  • All inputted to the app under Windows as the PSM Plus pages say to do here on Wololo.
No matter what I do I still get the "PlayStation Mobile Developer's License could not be confirmed" error after the "app needs updating" error whether or not the Vita is connected to the Mac running Windows by USB, whether or not the Vita has the WiFi on or any combination of both. Just doesn't want to work so I can't run homebrew like the SNES emulator to test. The Rejuvenate SETUP.bat can't seem to get past the part where it runs Publishing Utility either, even after inputting the key/seed/ring and quitting it's forever stuck at that step - I usually leave it open to sync with the PS Vita but I tried quitting to see if it made a difference.

Any advice would be appreciated because I've done a lot of steps to get to the right firmware version and all the rest of it and I still don't have much to show for it - I thought after five hours I'd make some headway but other than manually upgrading the firmware thanks to qCMA and installing Unity from a PKG I'd have cracked it, but so far I haven't and I wonder what I might have missed or done wrong. Thanks in advance.
Advertising
[TUTORIAL] Install TN-V11/TN-X On Vita FW 3.18

PS Vita 16GB (FW 3.51) - TN-V11 [Quikrazor87], Rejuvenate [Unity 1.06], PS1 Loader [TheFloW]
Nintendo O3DS XL 16GB (SysNAND 11.0) - A9LH, GBA VC, FBI, HBL, SuperCard DSTWO 2GB
Wii U, Wii, Xbox 360, PS2, PS3, PS4
reprep

Re: PSM Unity On Vita Always Fails License Check?

Post by reprep »

Be sure to open the mail when the PSM Unity app on vita is off. This happened to me before, leaving the app open makes the process fail.

Other than that, no advice to give really. Setup.bat fail is an interesting error, it went fine for me all the way. Maybe something with usb driver problem? any chance to try it on a pc with native windows on it?
Advertising
zekepliskin

Post by zekepliskin »

reprep wrote:Be sure to open the mail when the PSM Unity app on vita is off. This happened to me before, leaving the app open makes the process fail.
I think I do most times but you know, that is a very easy thing to miss. So the two emails I get from Wololo's PSM+ - one has five, one has two attachments, am I opening all of these? I've tried where I open only the email with five, and
only the email with two, and doing both. Just want to eliminate errors in my method if possible - there's a lot of steps so a lot could go wrong.
reprep wrote:Other than that, no advice to give really. Setup.bat fail is an interesting error, it went fine for me all the way. Maybe something with usb driver problem? any chance to try it on a pc with native windows on it?
Yeah I have a bunch of Windows PCs hanging around so I can try it with those, rather than Bootcamp on the Mac. It's not so much a fail as the setup.bat getting stuck after the key/seed/ring have been entered whether or not I close it, perhaps that's why the license verification fails. It sees the Vita fine though, comes up with "Connect OK" or whatever it is on the part where you put the three keys in.

Come to think of it my Bootcamp Windows 7 doesn't have CMA or qCMA running on it, could that make the difference?

PS Vita 16GB (FW 3.51) - TN-V11 [Quikrazor87], Rejuvenate [Unity 1.06], PS1 Loader [TheFloW]
Nintendo O3DS XL 16GB (SysNAND 11.0) - A9LH, GBA VC, FBI, HBL, SuperCard DSTWO 2GB
reprep

Post by reprep »

5 attachment one is only for one time, you should do the two attachment one everyday.

other than that, you are clicking all of the attachments, right? click one attachment, close the mail app (dont click the OK), open the same mail back and click the other attachment, it should go like that.
zekepliskin

Post by zekepliskin »

reprep wrote:5 attachment one is only for one time, you should do the two attachment one everyday.
Yeah I figured it might be just to get Unity installed for the five attachment mail (as I found out much easier to just do it via PKG as I'm running less than 3.30).
reprep wrote:other than that, you are clicking all of the attachments, right? click one attachment, close the mail app (dont click the OK), open the same mail back and click the other attachment, it should go like that.
I tried it a couple of ways - opening the attachment, pressing PS and swiping away for both to close the Email app fully and also opening it, going to the home screen after the first one, going back into the Email app and opening the second without closing the app fully. I assumed the latter was the correct method but tried closing it fully again to rule out doing things wrongly, I do like to be thorough. Never press the OK button on the "Cannot display this image" errors.

reprep

Post by reprep »

nope, 5 attachment mail (to be correct, it is 4) is not to get the PSM unity installed, that is a different process. You have to do it after getting PSM Unity installed. it has nothing to do with installation. I too installed it as pkg but did the 4 attachment mail as it has to be done.

you have to fully close the mail app before clicking any other attachment. Click attachment, close the mail app, reopen the mail app, click next attachment.
zekepliskin

Post by zekepliskin »

Good, that gives me a few things to test this evening if there's time, with new keys and trying a different system if it keeps failing on the Mac, cheers.

zekepliskin

Post by zekepliskin »

Might it be worth getting it to work with the app via WiFi on my WLAN? Could cut out any problems with the USB facilities... but also introduce fun new ones, potentially I'm guessing.

reprep

Post by reprep »

You have to connect your Vita to your PC via USB to get device id for rejuvenate setup. After everything is done including psm+, you can connect your vita via wireless. I prefer creating a wifi hotspot with my laptop and connecting vita to it.

But, as i said, if you are trying the setup from scratch, you have to connect via USB first time.

really, wololo's psmplus page and yifanlu's rejuvenate page is detailed, do them step by step and tell us which step you are stuck. That would be better.
zekepliskin

Post by zekepliskin »

reprep wrote:really, wololo's psmplus page and yifanlu's rejuvenate page is detailed, do them step by step and tell us which step you are stuck. That would be better.
Agreed, it'll take some time but I'll post it here, you've been very helpful so far thanks.

Here's another quick question - this hackinformer tutorial appears to detail a TN-V bubble method that doesn't require a PS3/official Vita version of a PSP game. If I am able to get Rejuvenate to work and by extension the homebrew FTP server how are the chances of using the method to get TN-V support? Rejuvenate/TN-V are my main reasons for taking an interest in Vita homebrew, so I can do better SNES emulation than my PSP can manage and a selection of old favourites from that era, like the two Pinball: Hall Of Fame titles, OutRun 2006 and the two God Of War ones.

Return to “Rejuvenate”