Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSM Unity On Vita Always Fails License Check?

Rejuvenate is a native homebrew platform for PS Vita. Read more about Rejuvenate here.
reprep

Re: PSM Unity On Vita Always Fails License Check?

Post by reprep »

Vita FTP server is booted from rejuvenate so it cannot access ePSP folders, so it cannot be used for TN-V. Rejuvenate has nothing to do with ePSP and vice versa. None of them can reach others' files.

As you are on 3.18, you have endless opportunites for eCFW though. There are lots of tutorials around, follow one you like.
Advertising
zekepliskin

Post by zekepliskin »

reprep wrote:Vita FTP server is booted from rejuvenate so it cannot access ePSP folders, so it cannot be used for TN-V. Rejuvenate has nothing to do with ePSP and vice versa. None of them can reach others' files.

As you are on 3.18, you have endless opportunites for eCFW though. There are lots of tutorials around, follow one you like.
Ah I see, I wasn't aware the FTP sharing only applies to PS Vita or PSP modes with no sharing between the two. Good to know.

Speaking of eCFW, I've been browsing a couple of HackInformer tutorials on the subject and one mentions that there's an exploit in an older game called Arcade Darts which can be used to get TN-V10 or similar running. This tutorial dates from last year and I'm guessing would require a PS3 to circumvent the PS Vita not being able to use PSN due to older firmware, will the game itself still work though? I don't mind picking up a PS3 for cheap (i.e. one with a failed optical drive) but I only want to do it if it's going to be crucial for the softmod - from the little I've read I think that's going to be the way to go if I want support for all my old favourite PSP games with the old XMB interface I'm used to.
Advertising
[TUTORIAL] Install TN-V11/TN-X On Vita FW 3.18

PS Vita 16GB (FW 3.51) - TN-V11 [Quikrazor87], Rejuvenate [Unity 1.06], PS1 Loader [TheFloW]
Nintendo O3DS XL 16GB (SysNAND 11.0) - A9LH, GBA VC, FBI, HBL, SuperCard DSTWO 2GB
Wii U, Wii, Xbox 360, PS2, PS3, PS4
zekepliskin

Post by zekepliskin »

Okay after a little retrying over the weekend it turns out I was using the Wololo PSM+ for the regular dev app rather than Unity, which is probably why the SETUP.BAT file couldn't complete all the steps. Opening all the files in the attachment (all 4 this time) and getting the correct license details now works and the SETUP.BAT can run all the way through without issue, in fact with the USB hookup I can see VitaDefilerClient installing on the Vita screen with the progress bar which also seems to work.

Problem is, I still can't run homebrew! I tried dragging the HelloWorld.ELF to the correct homebrew builder BAT file but it just sits on the command line waiting for the Vita to connect even though nothing is changed, it's still hooked up by USB. Is this a common problem and if so, how can I resolve it? I've been trying on and off with this over four weekends now and I can't believe I'm hitting a brick wall each time. Can't help but wonder if I'm missing something obvious.

Suggestions please?

PS Vita 16GB (FW 3.51) - TN-V11 [Quikrazor87], Rejuvenate [Unity 1.06], PS1 Loader [TheFloW]
Nintendo O3DS XL 16GB (SysNAND 11.0) - A9LH, GBA VC, FBI, HBL, SuperCard DSTWO 2GB
zekepliskin

Post by zekepliskin »

Never mind... think I was doing the steps in the wrong order. This YouTube tutorial reiterated a few points and now Rejuvenate works perfectly, been enjoying the heck out of the native Vita SNES emulator for Super Mario Kart... surprisingly playable. Easily beats the DS and PSP emulators on some games, amazing considering how early days everything is.

zekepliskin

Post by zekepliskin »

reprep wrote:Vita FTP server is booted from rejuvenate so it cannot access ePSP folders, so it cannot be used for TN-V. Rejuvenate has nothing to do with ePSP and vice versa. None of them can reach others' files.
Although now thanks to the excellent work on VitaShell by TheFloW, Rejuvenate can now see ePSP folders and other hidden memory card folders. :-)

Rauliki

Post by Rauliki »

After a long time I've tried to setup my Vita for Rejuventae.
3.51, PSM Dev for UNity 1.06. Did the steps exactly as in tutorial on Wololo (checked hackinformer too, but it's pretty much the same). I send mail with 4 attachemnts, click every one of them, then 2 attachmenst from daily mail. I still have invalid license when I run PSM Dev on Vita. 've even removed keys and seeds and tried again.
Thanks in advance for help.

Return to “Rejuvenate”