Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

CyanogenVita File Manager [Discussion]

Rejuvenate is a native homebrew platform for PS Vita. Read more about Rejuvenate here.
Joel16

CyanogenVita File Manager [Discussion]

Post by Joel16 »

Hi, don't know if people have read about this: http://joel16.github.io/CyanogenPSP/ But it's a PSP project that mimics the Android UI. I'm not gonna be bringing the whole UI to the vita, but I do want to at least try to bring the file manager.
It will look somewhat like this (if everything goes well that is):

This is not an accurate screenshot. The program doesn't look anything like this yet.

Unfortunately I do not own a vita, so I'm going to have to rely on testers. Firstly, I will publish sample builds (Just to make sure the file managing - works) then I'll work on the graphics and other features. Right now I'm using my own base, but if there is a sample file manager for the vita that I can use a base, do let me know as it would make my work a lot easier. Let me know what you guys think. I'll continue working on this depending on the support I get.

Initial build (Just a sample file manager): https://mega.nz/#!jEIVWIoJ!c1MjHj7Ibxto ... 7AwLc9qotc

Source Code: Github
Advertising
Last edited by Joel16 on Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Forever in darkness, a guardian devil."
Joel16

Re: CyanogenVita File Manager [Discussion]

Post by Joel16 »

First build. Can anyone give this a test? (For Rejuvenate only)

Initial build (Just a sample file manager): https://mega.nz/#!jEIVWIoJ!c1MjHj7Ibxto ... 7AwLc9qotc

Source Code: Github
Advertising
Ruben_Wolfe

Post by Ruben_Wolfe »

Doesnt seem to work on psm dev, I get an C2-12828-1 error on the vita.
Cant test it on unity, unfortunately.
I see that you are using psp2sdk; you should switch to vitasdk/vita tool chain, as it has more support than psp2sdk and that had become the scene's sdk. Also, vitasdk generates a .velf instead of just an .elf and .velf seems to be the norm among devs.(Its also make more sense IMO and vita sdk is supposed to be better.)

Now I dont wanna give you false hopes, but according to Smoke, a lot of problems in his Nes emulator were solved by just switching to vitasdk, so maybe thatll fix it. You should switch to it anyway.
Joel16

Post by Joel16 »

Ruben_Wolfe wrote:Doesnt seem to work on psm dev, I get an C2-12828-1 error on the vita.
Cant test it on unity, unfortunately.
I see that you are using psp2sdk; you should switch to vitasdk/vita tool chain, as it has more support than psp2sdk and that had become the scene's sdk. Also, vitasdk generates a .velf instead of just an .elf and .velf seems to be the norm among devs.(Its also make more sense IMO and vita sdk is supposed to be better.)

Now I dont wanna give you false hopes, but according to Smoke, a lot of problems in his Nes emulator were solved by just switching to vitasdk, so maybe thatll fix it. You should switch to it anyway.
Ah, thanks for letting me know about this. I'll do just that when I get time :)
TheGrandPubaa

Post by TheGrandPubaa »

I tried running it on Unity from AndroidDefiler and from the PC VitaDefiler tools and I got error code c2-12828-1, unfortunately. If you can figure out how to get this working, is there any idea(or possibility) of being able to load other elf/velf files from within the application?
reprep

Post by reprep »

TheGrandPubaa wrote:I tried running it on Unity from AndroidDefiler and from the PC VitaDefiler tools and I got error code c2-12828-1, unfortunately. If you can figure out how to get this working, is there any idea(or possibility) of being able to load other elf/velf files from within the application?
Totally agreed. I need a way to launch elf/velf files from a file manager.
Joel16

Post by Joel16 »

Well considering the PSP one let you load eboots, I do wish to have that as a feature. I'm still not sure how everything works on the vita, so its just a possibility for now.
vifino

Post by vifino »

Same here. C2-12828-1 error with PSM Unity and Rejuvenate 0.3.4-Beta.

Rejuvenate 0.3.4-Beta and latest UVLoader allows you to load homebrew from an homebrew.
See https://github.com/MrNetrix/vita-header ... psp2/uvl.h .
The change is not yet mainstream ( See: -Beta ), but it works and I don't think the call will change.

I'd suggest hanging out in #vitadev on EFNet for more info.

Apart from that, I'd also suggest switching from PSP2SDK to vitasdk..

Greetings,
vifino

Edit:
It seems like your github repo is misspelled..
I think it should be "CyanogenVita-File-Manager" not "CyangoenVita-File-Manager" like everywhere else..
Joel16

Post by Joel16 »

Alrighty, thanks for the reports guys. I'll switch to vita sdk, and we'll see how it goes from there.
Brad614

Post by Brad614 »

vifino wrote:Same here. C2-12828-1 error with PSM Unity and Rejuvenate 0.3.4-Beta.

Rejuvenate 0.3.4-Beta and latest UVLoader allows you to load homebrew from an homebrew.
See https://github.com/MrNetrix/vita-header ... psp2/uvl.h .
The change is not yet mainstream ( See: -Beta ), but it works and I don't think the call will change.

I'd suggest hanging out in #vitadev on EFNet for more info.

Apart from that, I'd also suggest switching from PSP2SDK to vitasdk..

Greetings,
vifino

Edit:
It seems like your github repo is misspelled..
I think it should be "CyanogenVita-File-Manager" not "CyangoenVita-File-Manager" like everywhere else..

How do we get rejuvenate 0.3.4? Doesn't seem to be out yet. Can we go on irc to get it?

Return to “Rejuvenate”