Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[POLL] WHICH HOMEBREWS DO YOU WANT TO SEE FIRST

Rejuvenate is a native homebrew platform for PS Vita. Read more about Rejuvenate here.

Which Homebrew(s) do you want the most?

Nintendo 64 Emulator
10%
Gameboy Advanced Emulator
8%
Nintendo GameCube Emulator
4%
Playstation 2 Emulator
8%
Nintendo Entertainment System Emulator
3%
Sega Dreamcast Emulator
4%
Sega Saturn Emulator
2%
Playstation One Emulator
6%
NeoGeo Emulator
2%
Intellivision Emulator
0%
Capcom Play System 1 Emulator
1%
Capcom Play System 2 Emulator
1%
Capcom Play System 3 Emulator
1%
Super Nintendo Emulator
6%
Nintendo DS Emulator
6%
Nintendo 3DS Emulator
4%
Quake 1 - 3 Port
2%
GZDoom Port
1%
ScummVM Port
1%
DosBox Port
2%
M.U.G.E.N Port
1%
Firefox Port
2%
Wagic Port
2%
Zork Port
0%
PSPKVM Port
1%
Cave Story Port
2%
RetroArch Port
4%
VLC Port
3%
PPSSPP port
6%
NAZI Zombie Portable Port
1%
Wolfenstein Port
1%
Counter Strike Port
2%
Lua Interpreter
2%
Wololo.net Forum App
3%
EPUB/PDF Reader
2%

Total votes: 1472

DumbatorCZ

Re: [POLL] WHICH HOMEBREWS DO YOU WANT TO SEE FIRST

Post by DumbatorCZ »

Fangeh wrote:I'd like to see a port of EoSD its a pretty old game so it should Run fine on the vita.
Touhou? We have one custom game for PSP. And I´m going to port some of the doujin games. :D

About PS2 and GameCube emus:

Emulation console isn´t only CPU + GPU but emulation FULL SYSTEM - CPU (VPU, DMA, IPU), GPU, IO, Sounds chips, Network, BIOS (You can´t use original BIOS from PS2. That would be piracy) etc. etc.
And emulation 64bit MIPS cpu with 128bit, 64bit and 32bit instructions (PS2) on 32bit ARM is quite madness. It is slightly possible, but not for our usage.

Gamecube is more powerful (yes, it is true) than PS2 and big plus is we have some sources to easy emulations (It is IBM PowerPC CPU + Ati GPU), but here it is again - I don´t think it would be useable on Vita.

In summary... Emulating PS2 and GameCube it might be possible, but not for playing games. But if someone do it slightly useable, he can have my respect. Maybe PS2 homebrews? :)

But for good PS2/GC emu buy PS3 (2010 and older), install CFW and you will be satisfied as me. :)
Advertising
Last edited by DumbatorCZ on Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Szczepancio

Post by Szczepancio »

DosBox? Haha, nice joke. I would love to see x86 emulator for Rejuvenate - I prefer QEMU.
It should show somehow power of Vita, also emulating other operating systems is somehow fun ;)
Advertising
#sonymasterrace
ishygdaft

Post by ishygdaft »

n64 emulation would be awesome, Daedalus was a good p.o.c but I'd really like to play some conker on the go :D
Firion

Post by Firion »

I'm mainly interested in the emulators, especially GBA/N64. I want it to replace my PSP as my little all in one portable machine. Some sort of streaming media player that could do mkv+subs would also be amazing.
King Clyde

Post by King Clyde »

With the recent announcement of a port of Zork to the Vita I figured the thread deserves a bump.

https://twitter.com/Ruben_Wolfe451/stat ... 890058752/
Ruben_Wolfe

Post by Ruben_Wolfe »

King Clyde wrote:With the recent announcement of a port of Zork to the Vita I figured the thread deserves a bump.

Tbh, I hit a wall last night and will probably ditch this project (or atleast after Ill try getting a better and more updated source to work with).
There is, however, my own text based adventure called 'Grue' that I am now developing, and it will be just as good as Zork !
I am terribly sorry for getting people hyped for this.
You can check my twitter account to get a peak of 'Grue' and decide for yourself its quality. (https://twitter.com/Ruben_Wolfe451)
King Clyde

Post by King Clyde »

Ruben_Wolfe wrote:
King Clyde wrote:With the recent announcement of a port of Zork to the Vita I figured the thread deserves a bump.

Tbh, I hit a wall last night and will probably ditch this project (or atleast after Ill try getting a better and more updated source to work with).
There is, however, my own text based adventure called 'Grue' that I am now developing, and it will be just as good as Zork !
You can check my twitter account to get a peak of 'Grue' and decide for yourself its quality. (https://twitter.com/Ruben_Wolfe451)
It looks good, maybe instead of using the keyboard (or until it becomes available) you could have a list of options you can choose similar to how you have the title screen put together.
Ruben_Wolfe

Post by Ruben_Wolfe »

King Clyde wrote:
Ruben_Wolfe wrote:

It looks good, maybe instead of using the keyboard (or until it becomes available) you could have a list of options you can choose similar to how you have the title screen put together.
Yeah, I thought about that too. Thing is, it will ruin the fun of figuering out the commands yourself. I am going to make a tree dialogue for when you encounter a character(well..for when you write the command "talk to X" and X is within the zone you are.)
Raizuke

Post by Raizuke »

how I wish that it is really possible for the vita to run 3ds games smoothly, or not so smooth, just playing games will be just fine, improvements can happen later, then I guess the sales for psvita will skyrocket when that happens and even sony will secretly helps this sites' great developers.
wooly_mammoth

Post by wooly_mammoth »

Nintendo DS would be very fine, and so would be PPSSPP (for, you know, those legal UMD backups we all have). However, both won't be very useful until Rejuvenate becomes much less PC-dependent.

Return to “Rejuvenate”