Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS VITA - ERROR MESSAGE WHEN DOWNLOADING VITA GAMES

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
Mc96

PS VITA - ERROR MESSAGE WHEN DOWNLOADING VITA GAMES

Post by Mc96 »

Hello everyone,

I have a PS vita 3.68 with Henkaku and Vitashell etc installed.
I have got plenty of GBA, Ps1 and Psp games on my console in which i installed the majority from PKGJ. My problem is when i try to install Vita games, this is the error message i receive....

“Download failure: scePromoterUtilityPromotePkgWithRif failed: 0x80870004 Please check your NoNpDrm installation”

I have also altered the config.txt on the ux0 and ur0. Whether i altered them correctly is another question lol.

Please can anyone shed any light and perhaps help me?
It would be much appreciated.

Thanks! :D
Advertising
laz305

Re: PS VITA - ERROR MESSAGE WHEN DOWNLOADING VITA GAMES

Post by laz305 »

You’re not alone. I’ve gotten everything to run fine on my Vita but on PSTV I can’t get pkgj to work. For me I think it’s the auto plugin that’s not working. Anybody know how to fix autoplugin? Can I just remove it and install it again? I think the only plugin I’ve gotten to work is switching my ux0 to usb.
Advertising
laz305

Re: PS VITA - ERROR MESSAGE WHEN DOWNLOADING VITA GAMES

Post by laz305 »

Wow finally figured it out. After messing around with autoplugin too much I was forced into restore mode and luckily just selected restart and everything was fine. It was then I realized it was usbmc that was causing my problems. Since I had switched my ux0 to usb when I restarted it went back to original ux0 on my PSTV and everything worked fine. So now redoing that usbmc process and hopefully won’t happen again.

Return to “Support”