Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[OPEN] Boot loop with no recovery?

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
2tailedfox

[OPEN] Boot loop with no recovery?

Post by 2tailedfox »

Hi,
Have a PCH-1101 vita. When you press power, the ps logo comes up for a moment and then the unit just shuts right back off.
I have tried the holding it for 30 seconds thing, the holding R + power thing, the holding R + power + PS thing, and the holding R + power + start + PS thing and nothing seems to work. No safe/recovery mode comes up no matter if the usb cable is plugged into the pc or not.
I do have that Qcma thing installed and pointed to a 3.60 update file and the psp2-updatelist.xml file, though I am unsure about other settings as I do not know what version of FW is currently on this vita. (could be super old or could be totally current, no way to find out).
Qcma just keeps telling me no vita is registered, but I think that is probably expected given that I cannot get it into safe mode.
I can get the pc to recognize that a vita is connected through messing around sometimes and it will show in the windows devices and printers thing as a 'psvita B' or something like that, and I think it may have come up as removable storage at one point too. I do not believe I have ever seen the PS button light up blue or orange at any time so far while messing with it.

Really have no idea how to recover this thing and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Only theory I have right now is that one of the buttons doesn't work, but that seems extremely unlikely as the unit is in decent condition.

Is it bricked?
Advertising
2tailedfox

Re: [OPEN] Boot loop with no recovery?

Post by 2tailedfox »

Update, the ribbon cable which connects the mainboard to the left stick/PS button daughter board was upside down. After correcting that, I do in fact get a blue flash right when it resets. Still no safe mode though and still boot looping.
Advertising
2tailedfox

Re: [CLOSED] Boot loop with no recovery?

Post by 2tailedfox »

Turns out there was corrosion on the main board but only inside of the emi shield. Didn't find it until I took the lids off. Weird, but definitely the issue. Replaced the mb and it works great now.

Return to “Support”