Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Open] Can't transfer save data from 3.60 Henkaku Vita to 3.68 H-encore Vita (different PSN accounts)

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
Raichan

[Open] Can't transfer save data from 3.60 Henkaku Vita to 3.68 H-encore Vita (different PSN accounts)

Post by Raichan »

Hi all,

I've looked everywhere and tried loads of things but I can't find a solution to my problem.

A couple of months back I got tired of waiting with my slim Vita 3.67 at the time, so I went ahead and bought a used fat Vita on 3.60 Henkaku Enso. I've only been playing one game on it and that's a Mai dump of Digimon Cyber Sleuth Hackers Memory tweaked to work on 3.60; out of laziness I didn't even change the PSN account and left the previous owner's account.

Now that H-encore is out I wanted to go back to my Slim Vita, so I updated to 3.68 and installed H-encore and Vitashell; then I went ahead and installed a NoNpDRM dump of Digimon Cyber Sleuth Hackers Memory (heard those are more stable).

I went ahead and installed save manager 2.00 on both devices, I backed up my save from the 3.60 console then copied the slot1 folder from the ux0:data/savegames/PCSE01171/SLOT1/ the to the same path on the 3.68 console. From here I thought all I'd have to do is restore it on the slim console and I'd be good to go, but it didn't work, I get an error saying the saves are corrupted.

I deleted the save from the ux0:user/00/savedata folder, started a new game, and proceeded to test what would happen if I replaced individual files like the keystone or sealedkey files (which I suspected had data about the specific account), and kept the bin files; nothing I tried worked.. either I got an error and the game wouldn't launch or I'd get to the continue menu but the saves are corrupted...

I read that it should be perfectly possible to transfer backed up decrypted saves from a Mai dump to a NoNpDRM dump using the save manager as normal, so I suspect that my issue has more to do with the games being on consoles with different PSN accounts?

Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated!
Advertising
Raichan

Re: [Open] Can't transfer save data from 3.60 Henkaku Vita to 3.68 H-encore Vita (different PSN accounts)

Post by Raichan »

SOLVED!

It was an update issue, the game copy I was transferring the save was fully updated while the one I installed on my other Vita wasn't, there lied the compatibility issue.
Advertising

Return to “Support”