Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Vitashell 1.94 not installing vpks properly?

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
bigdome722

Vitashell 1.94 not installing vpks properly?

Post by bigdome722 »

I just modded my 3.68 vita 1000. I also installed vitashell through the h-encore app but when i try to install vpks the speed drastically jumps up and down and will will gradually drop lower and lower until its into the single digits for kb/s. Anyone know what i can do to make this work better? Thanks in advance. Any and all info will help!
Advertising
[spoiler]PSVITA- 3.01 OFW 16Gb
PS4
PS3- 4.55 OFW 160Gb
PSP 3000 - BRICKED
PSP 2000 - OFW 6.60 32Gb PRO-B10
PC - Vista
PS2 Running Free mcboot 1.8
Xbox Original Running Unleashed X
Nintendo 64
Nintendo DSI
Gameboy[/spoiler]
alexg1989

Re: Vitashell 1.94 not installing vpks properly?

Post by alexg1989 »

It's the same thing with mine. It seems to be normal. It's just installing the game. The 3DS does the exact same thing. It takes a long LONG time to install CIA files (3DS games on 3DS systems). I'm assuming VPK files are just like 3DS' CIA files.

In my experience, installing nonpdrm dumped Vita games on the other hand is a LOT faster. Almost instant really. Get those instead if you can and figure out the nonpdrm plugin, because it is much more convenient.
Advertising
ivory_soul

Re: Vitashell 1.94 not installing vpks properly?

Post by ivory_soul »

Don't bother with game vpks. Just use NonpDRM and put the "game folder" in the app folder in either ur0 or ux0 and go to the Vitashell main screen and select refresh live area. Takes seconds to install the bubble.

Return to “Support”