Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

A little help for a newbie regarding SD2Vita

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
Rigo Tovar

A little help for a newbie regarding SD2Vita

Post by Rigo Tovar »

Hi there fellow Vita users!
I have been using two of my Vitas (a FAT and a Slim) with EnsoHenkaku and their original Sony memory cards (a 8gb and a 16gb for each) Now I just have ordered a couple of 128 gb microsd that I intend to use with a pair of Sd2Vita adapters.
So far, everything looks great, the thing is that I want to replace my original memory sticks with the MicroSds alone so that I can give them to a friend of mine who is on 3.65 (poor guy)
How can this be achieved? I want to keep all the info of my memories, so I tought a "transfer" might work, yet I'm unaware of how this proceedment is done...
Also, a guy told me that PSP backups used with Adrenaline 6.61 doesn't work on SD2Vita, is this true?
Can you please explain to me how to get this done?
Thank
Advertising
randname

Re: A little help for a newbie regarding SD2Vita

Post by randname »

Well, there is a instruction on the website but I cannot find it...
It takes 5 steps to do this:
1. Prepare the SD card by flashing a special image called zzblank.img in it, then format it to exFAT.
(This will clear all data in the SD card.)
2.Copy everything in your sony card to the SD card.
3. Install molecularShell into the operating system by a special VPK.
(If this step is not done, you will be in a dilemma for unable to manage any file or install any vpk after you switch to SD card, since everything you need to manage the files, including the molecularShell, is not in the SD card. This will also be very handy in case of emergency, e.g.the SD card suddenly broke down or go unstable and you need to uninstall the plugin to use the sony card. )
(Important: The welcome park will be deleted and replaced by molecularShell, and I don't know if there is anyway to bring it back. So if you care about the trophies of the welcome park ,try get them before you do this.)
4. install the plugin to mount the SD card at UX0: by putting the plugin under UR0: and edit UR0:/tai/config.txt .
(Enso is required.)
5. Reboot the console. After it rebuild the database, everything should be done. Now you can eject the sony card and give it to your friend.
Advertising
NDS:Stuck N64 into Game&Watch
PSP:Stuck PS2 into PocketStation
3DS:Stuck VituralBoy into NDS
PSV:Stuck PS3 into PSP
GPD:Stuck PC into NDS
Rigo Tovar

Post by Rigo Tovar »

Whats a special VK?
randname

Post by randname »

https://mega.nz/#!mtsmSBKa!0k_Kn_1q7faQ ... urJkxk_6Rk
This program is not in English but don't be afraid. What you need to do is to select the first option, then accept the pop up warning message. Then you can see some text rolling on the screen. Then you will come back to the same menu, select the first option again. After another message box pop up, close the program and reboot.
Important:
1.This program is distributed by the seller of the SD2Vita, and I have tried it on my own console and it worked, but I am not responsible for any data loss/malfunction caused by this program.
2.Don't shut down the console or close this program when the text is rolling.
3.If you find out that all the program begin to throw you an error when starting after you closed this program, don't panic, it's a bug of this program. Reboot and it will be fine. However, if anything more serious happen, you may need a clean restore of your system. I recommend you to backup your data before this.
4.If you find out that you cannot select item by pressing X, press O instead. In some case this program may use O for confirm and X for cancel.
5.According to the notice of the seller of the SD2Vita, this should be done before Enso is installed, but I am not sure whether this could be done after the installation of Enso.
Rigo Tovar

Post by Rigo Tovar »

randname wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:32 am https://mega.nz/#!mtsmSBKa!0k_Kn_1q7faQ ... urJkxk_6Rk
This program is not in English but don't be afraid. What you need to do is to select the first option, then accept the pop up warning message. Then you can see some text rolling on the screen. Then you will come back to the same menu, select the first option again. After another message box pop up, close the program and reboot.
Important:
1.This program is distributed by the seller of the SD2Vita, and I have tried it on my own console and it worked, but I am not responsible for any data loss/malfunction caused by this program.
2.Don't shut down the console or close this program when the text is rolling.
3.If you find out that all the program begin to throw you an error when starting after you closed this program, don't panic, it's a bug of this program. Reboot and it will be fine. However, if anything more serious happen, you may need a clean restore of your system. I recommend you to backup your data before this.
4.If you find out that you cannot select item by pressing X, press O instead. In some case this program may use O for confirm and X for cancel.
5.According to the notice of the seller of the SD2Vita, this should be done before Enso is installed, but I am not sure whether this could be done after the installation of Enso.
So the method featured in this video wouldn't do the trick in my case?
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCsJUYh ... E20d1ms-zA[/youtube]
randname

Post by randname »

Rigo Tovar wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:12 pm So the method featured in this video wouldn't do the trick in my case?
Alright, I checked out the video.This video will do the trick. You can follow it.

If you have installed VitaShell in your Sony card and then copy everything from the Sony card into the SD card, then it is not necessary to install molecularShell into the operating system, because the VitaShell is copied into the SD card and you can still use it to manage your files and install VPKs. However, it will still be handy in case of emergency if you install molecularShell into the operating system. According to one of the seller of the SD2Vita (in China):
I don't know why but there are always somebody tend to use cheap, low-quality or fake SD cards in their PSVitas, which may break down at any time. So, use this program to install molecularShell in the OS so you can always access it, even if the SD card suddenly broke down, you are able to use it to uninstall the plugin so you can still use the Sony card. However, please treat your Vita better and use a high-quality SD card.
Besides, that seller sent me a pretty weird tutorial, which the steps are quite different from most of the tutorials on the Internet, and require some uncommon tools installed on the PSVita to get the job done. However, it works out well. If you are interested in these tools, I may post a link to them.

Return to “Support”