Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Plugins don't work

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
Rameron

Plugins don't work

Post by Rameron »

Hello.

I have PS Vita with 3.60 version of firmware, installed Enso and with SD2VITA adapter (Vita card mounted as uma0: and sd card mounted as ux0:)

I'm placing plugin's files in ur0:tai/ folder and my config.txt file contains:

[spoiler]# This file is used as an alternative if ux0:tai/config.txt is not found.
# For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
# changes to take place.
# For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ur0:adrenaline/adrenaline.skprx
ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx
ur0:tai/ds3vita.skprx
# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
ur0:tai/henkaku.suprx
ur0:tai/download_enabler.suprx
ur0:tai/batteryPercent.suprx
ur0:tai/framecounter.suprx
*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string
*NPXS10016
# this is for modifying the version string in settings widget
*NPEZ00104
ur0:adrenaline/adrenaline.suprx[/spoiler]

In addition my boot_config.txt file:
[spoiler]# WARNING: DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE. IF YOU JUST WANT TO RUN A PLUGIN ON BOOT,
# EDIT ux0:tai/config.txt INSTEAD. IF YOU BREAK THIS FILE, YOUR VITA WILL NO
# LONGER BOOT. IF THAT HAPPENS, YOU CAN ENTER SAFE MODE AND RESET ALL SETTINGS
# TO RESET THIS FILE. THIS FILE IS UNIQUE TO EACH VITA MODEL. DO NOT BLINDLY
# USE SOMEONE ELSE'S CONFIG.
#
# PSP2 System Configuration for Release
#
# [NOTICE]
#
# This configuration is only for kernel_boot_loader_release.self.
#

load os0:kd/clockgen.skprx
#load os0:kd/syscon.skprx
#load os0:kd/rtc.skprx

#load os0:kd/sm_comm.skprx
#load os0:kd/ss_mgr.skprx
load os0:kd/idstorage.skprx

load os0:kd/ctrl.skprx
load os0:kd/touch.skprx
load os0:kd/motion.skprx
if AU_CODEC_IC_CONEXANT
load os0:kd/codec_cx.skprx
else
load os0:kd/codec.skprx
endif
load os0:kd/audio.skprx
load os0:kd/hpremote.skprx
load os0:kd/power.skprx

load os0:kd/usbd.skprx
load os0:kd/udcd.skprx
load os0:kd/usbserv.skprx
load os0:kd/usbserial.skprx
load os0:kd/usbmtp.skprx
load os0:kd/mtpif.skprx

load os0:kd/post_ss_mgr.skprx
load os0:kd/update_mgr.skprx
load os0:kd/regmgr.skprx

if USB_ENUM_WAKEUP
load os0:kd/enum_wakeup.skprx
else

load os0:kd/vnz_wrapper.skprx
#load os0:kd/applier.skprx
- load os0:kd/mgkeymgr.skprx

load os0:kd/error.skprx

#load os0:kd/gcauthmgr.skprx
load os0:kd/npdrm.skprx

load os0:kd/ulobjmgr.skprx

load os0:kd/net_ps.skprx
load os0:kd/gps.skprx
load os0:kd/bbmc.skprx
load os0:kd/wlanbt.skprx
load os0:kd/usb_ether_smsc.skprx
load os0:kd/usb_ether_rtl.skprx
load os0:kd/bt.skprx
load os0:kd/usbstor.skprx
load os0:kd/usbstorvstor.skprx
load os0:kd/usbpspcm.skprx

- load os0:kd/magicgate.skprx
- load os0:kd/usbstormg.skprx
- load os0:kd/mgvideo.skprx

load os0:kd/avcodec.skprx
load os0:kd/audioin.skprx
load os0:kd/ngs.skprx

load os0:kd/hid.skprx

load os0:kd/gpu_es4.skprx
load os0:kd/gpuinit_es4.skprx

- load os0:kd/compat.skprx
load os0:kd/camera.skprx
load os0:kd/coredump.skprx

if BSOD_REBOOT
load os0:kd/crashdump.skprx
endif

load os0:kd/av_config.skprx
load os0:kd/fios2.skprx
load os0:kd/pfsmgr.skprx
load os0:kd/appmgr.skprx

load os0:kd/sysmodule.skprx
load os0:kd/vshbridge.skprx
load os0:kd/marlin_hci.skprx
load os0:kd/krm.skprx
- load os0:kd/tty2uart.skprx

umount_bootfs

if MANUFACTURING_MODE
- spawnwait sd0:psp2diag.self
- spawnwait ux0:psp2diag.self
endif

if SAFE_MODE
spawn os0:ue/safemode.self
end
endif

if UPDATE_MODE
if UD0_EXIST
spawn ud0:PSP2UPDATE/psp2swu.self
else
spawn ur0:PSP2UPDATE/psp2swu.self
endif
end
endif

- load ur0:tai/taihen.skprx
- load ur0:tai/henkaku.skprx

- appspawn vs0:vsh/shell/shell.self SHELL_BUDGET_ID

endif
end

# Local variables:
# mode: c
# tab-width: 4
# c-basic-offset: 4
# coding: utf-8
# End:[/spoiler]

Files in tai folder in attachment.

So, there aren't working batteryPercent, Framerater and other...
Advertising
Attachments
files.PNG
files.PNG (6.08 KiB) Viewed 14348 times
nightwishfan1

Re: Plugins don't work

Post by nightwishfan1 »

I had this same problem when trying to figure out how to just configure my config.txt for just one particular set of plugins. I can only help you with the config.txt from henkaku cause I don't know a lot about boot_config file, though I tend to heed those warnings about not editing them when they say not to. Anyway everyone seems to be under the assumption editing the henkaku config file is easy, which it isn't.

From my own experience I made the same mistake you made. Assumed everything went under kernel directly by reading what plugin devs state in very vague directions, but that's simply not the case. For me it turned out that editing in my lines under where it states "# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here" is correct for skprx plugins. Not directly under kernel as you have it. Older versions had henkaku.skprx mentioned directly and was commented directly under kernel, and you'd comment subsequent plugins under it. It's kinda not much different now, except confusing since henkaku.skprx no longer has a comment line, and as you see in your config file it's noted it's not mentioned and hard coded to load.....this essentially being where henkaku.skprx leads off the loading process. So everything thereafter follows the line I noted above as far as skprx plugins goes unless noted otherwise.

As for the suprx plugins. I'm not familiar with adrenaline as I do not use it, but for me and my plugin set I have mine mentioned under where the config file states "# this is for modifying the version string in settings widget". I can't say it's appropriate for adrenaline since as I noted I don't use it, but you can ask around more. I just know my plugins worked after those edits I mentioned. Also the vita hacks subreddit is a good place where people will help with other issues you might run into. They helped me more than most here would.

In the meantime just do not mess with the boot_config file you posted. It's not necessary to mess with it. If you did edit it for some reason then I hope you have the original backed up, cause as it notes you shouldn't edit it, and editing it can screw things up rather well. As for the png image you posted. There's nothing you can do with that. All that's necessary is your plugins are commented correctly in your config.txt file so that henkaku can see and load them properly from that location. They don't need to be organized or structured in any way.
Advertising
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

Not sure if this might be the case since you did not mention difficulty getting SD2Vita working, but make sure you don't have a file ux0:tai/config.txt. This will make it where no plugins function in ur0.
Rameron

Post by Rameron »

HarmfulMushroom wrote:Not sure if this might be the case since you did not mention difficulty getting SD2Vita working, but make sure you don't have a file ux0:tai/config.txt. This will make it where no plugins function in ur0.
My ux0:tai folder is absolutely empty.
Rameron

Post by Rameron »

nightwishfan1 wrote:I had this same problem when trying to figure out how to just configure my config.txt for just one particular set of plugins. I can only help you with the config.txt from henkaku cause I don't know a lot about boot_config file, though I tend to heed those warnings about not editing them when they say not to. Anyway everyone seems to be under the assumption editing the henkaku config file is easy, which it isn't.

From my own experience I made the same mistake you made. Assumed everything went under kernel directly by reading what plugin devs state in very vague directions, but that's simply not the case. For me it turned out that editing in my lines under where it states "# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here" is correct for skprx plugins. Not directly under kernel as you have it. Older versions had henkaku.skprx mentioned directly and was commented directly under kernel, and you'd comment subsequent plugins under it. It's kinda not much different now, except confusing since henkaku.skprx no longer has a comment line, and as you see in your config file it's noted it's not mentioned and hard coded to load.....this essentially being where henkaku.skprx leads off the loading process. So everything thereafter follows the line I noted above as far as skprx plugins goes unless noted otherwise.

As for the suprx plugins. I'm not familiar with adrenaline as I do not use it, but for me and my plugin set I have mine mentioned under where the config file states "# this is for modifying the version string in settings widget". I can't say it's appropriate for adrenaline since as I noted I don't use it, but you can ask around more. I just know my plugins worked after those edits I mentioned. Also the vita hacks subreddit is a good place where people will help with other issues you might run into. They helped me more than most here would.

In the meantime just do not mess with the boot_config file you posted. It's not necessary to mess with it. If you did edit it for some reason then I hope you have the original backed up, cause as it notes you shouldn't edit it, and editing it can screw things up rather well. As for the png image you posted. There's nothing you can do with that. All that's necessary is your plugins are commented correctly in your config.txt file so that henkaku can see and load them properly from that location. They don't need to be organized or structured in any way.
Oh... Thank you for so deployed answer. I'll be trying to edit my config file and just hope..
nightwishfan1

Post by nightwishfan1 »

Just try to have it edited like my below example for either of the config.txt files that reside in ux0:tai or ur0:tai. Henkaku looks for both just in case the config.txt is somehow missing from ux0:tai. This is what wmxp over on vita hacks sub reddit showed me, and if it was wrong I wouldn't show you. Now as noted my plugins aren't the same as yours since I use a pstv, but the example is the same for how the config file should be edited for either a pstv or vita. skprx plugins follow under where it says henkaku.skprx is not mentioned and hard coded to load. The suprx plugins are a little trickier since henkaku.suprx is commented in 3 lines, and I tried commenting them under where it states main is a special titleid for SceShell, and ux0:app/MLCL00001/henkaku.suprx like you did. They didn't work there. As I said wmxp showed me to comment my config file as it's shown below, and my plugins work.

# You must reboot for changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ur0:tai/dsmotion.skprx
*main
ux0:app/MLCL00001/henkaku.suprx
*NPXS10015
*NPXS10016
*PCSA00029
ur0:tai/dsmotion.suprx
#titleid for your game (this one is for Root//Letter for example)
*ALL
ur0:tai/oclockvita.suprx

# henkaku.suprx and henkaku.skprx has moved to ur0:tai, you may remove
# the old entries above.
*KERNEL
*main
*NPXS10015
*NPXS10016

As I noted earlier the line that states "# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here" is basically viewed as the same as a henkaku config.txt file from version 7 and possibly before I believe, where the example on the following link shows the difference between it and what our config files look like today. https://tai.henkaku.xyz/

Return to “Support”