Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

USB / SD2VITA issue - SD2VITA not visible?

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
mumitroll

USB / SD2VITA issue - SD2VITA not visible?

Post by mumitroll »

I've setup sd2vita, I can access it via VitaShell USB (at least I think it's the sd card?) and

Code: Select all

ux0
is displayed as 64gb (my normal vita card is 8gb) but any media I put on it is not displayed on the vita.

I dropped a wallpaper in

/data/ 
but the folder but the files don't appear there.

Tried removing the real Vita Memory Card and check with Vita Shell, again,

ux0:
is still listed as 64gb but when I try to launch USB mode the error

0x80244112
pops up, and if I switch the USB mode from Memory to Game card (thought maybe because of SD2Vita) it just says "Insert Game Gard".

Kind of confused.
Advertising
sergiogamboa2

Re: USB / SD2VITA issue - SD2VITA not visible?

Post by sergiogamboa2 »

wish I could help you but I am in the same deal so waiting for an answer by someone please! I would rather not remove the SD from the sd2vita adapter since I use mac and it won't recognize it :( also use windows but its kind of finicky my sdadapter in the PC
Advertising
DarkWolfNine

Post by DarkWolfNine »

Here is what I am finding. I don't think that VitaShell (I'm on 1.62) currently supports USB Mode to the SD2Vita
I have my Sony Memory card, and my SD2Vita (mounted as ux0)

In VitaShell, for USB Mode, I chose Memory Card.. connected to the comp... Transferred a bunch of stuff... Only to find out that I couldn't see it when I was looking for it via VitaShell.

Connected again (USB Mode), checked the size of ux0.. it is the smaller size (my Sony stick, not my microSD)

If you try changing the VitaShell setting from Memory Card to Game Card, and USB Mode, it gives me the message to Insert a Game Card (even tho' my SD2Vita adapter is taking that slot)

So when I am connected via USB Mode Memory Card.. it is giving me the Sony Memory stick ux0...

I ended up using FTP (w/ the Memory Card setting still), and am able to FTP the files to ux0 (which does show the correct microSD size)

So for now, I'll either drag directly via a PC adapter.. or FTP the data over.. Currently FTP will work (But in huge transfers, I could see wanting to do the former).. At least until (if) VitaShell updates to get USB Mode to work via Game Card (or maybe a third option of SD2Vita... if it needs to be different than a Game Card & USB Mode.. I don't see the use in having the latter. But I'm still learning and playing around)

(I'm sure someone will correct me, or provide more information) - But that is why I think you are seeing inconsistencies.

I hope that helps!
TarekNasser

Post by TarekNasser »

Please support USB Mode to the SD2Vita this is way faster to transfer games to SD2vita
lestat___

Post by lestat___ »

sd don't work with vitashell usb, only sony card.
By the way, if u put your sd to computer, u will have faster transfer than using vitashell usb.
_iDevIceXsi_

Post by _iDevIceXsi_ »

u guys are right from A to Z devs of sd2vita stated clearly that it dsnt support usb mode by vitashell u wanna do smthn ftp ?? or the best one imo is take JUST THE SD out and use a reader to edit whats inside via windows pc piece of cake
and fast too try it Total_Noob (TheFlow) might add it in the future usb to sd2vita but right now its unknown use a pc pls.
Daak

Post by Daak »

Same Problem. I got really excited when I saw that vitashell allowed me to connect via usb (8mbs) vs molecule's wifi FTP (1.5mbs). Then I realized vitashell is only linked to the tiny 8 GB card, not the 128GB sd2vita. Id rather the slow FTP then to have to go back and forth installing and transferring to mai over and over.

I couldnt even find the files I transferred with vitashell usb in molecule so vitashell is looking pretty useless now.

Return to “Support”