Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[OPEN] Native vita resolution in games.

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
basedinx

Re: [OPEN] Native vita resolution in games.

Post by basedinx »

That's pretty neat. UE3 games crash upon changing configs since it actually relies on the hardcoded dword values.
I wonder how many games use these kind of config files as a switch.
Advertising
Gensosuikoden

Re: [OPEN] Native vita resolution in Soul Sacrifice Delta.

Post by Gensosuikoden »

@SGRG3

Thanks for discovering this awesome tweak.
Could you tell me what format you used to install the game (offical download, mai, vitamin, nonpdrm etc.)?

I had to do the following to get any results (which were mixed):

a. Decrypt the game id folder in ux0:app via Vitashell. This allowed me to read and edit the boot_config.ini file but those edits would not save properly for some reason and would revert to their original state ('resolution 1') as soon as I exited the folder/directory.

b. Copy the decrypted boot_config.ini file to another location.

c. Edit the copy to 'resolution 0' as per your instructions.

d. Go back to ux0:app/[game id]/resources and replace the original boot_config.ini file by pasting the aforementioned edited copy over it.

The results were:

1. Native Resolution was definitely increased and looked AMAZING. . . But -

2. There was now quite frequent and severe screen tearing in the intro fight against Magusar at the beginning of the game, something I don't remember being the case with vanilla resolution. I understand this is possibly because the game has some form of adaptive Vsync in place and could no longer meet its performance target due to the high native res.

Have you noticed any tearing?

3. The game has also seemingly defaulted to the Japanese version for some reason despite it being the official Western/English version of the game downloaded straight from the PS store. The title screen now has a slightly different logo with Japanese text. In-game text is mostly Japanese and in-game system messages are now in Japanese too. Even the in-game button scheme is now Japanese for some reason: 'o' button is now confirm instead of cancel and 'x' button is the opposite.

Restoring an unedited, encrypted version of the boot_config.ini file in to its rightful place by overwriting the modified, fixes everything but then of course the resolution is back to vanilla.

Sorry for the very long explanation. I would be very grateful for any suggestions as it would be great to get SSDelta working properly at native res as it looked breathtaking. I would also like to know if you have successfully tried it on SS Delta version 1.30? I tried the above steps on the patch as well but the results were the same.

Many thanks for your time.
Advertising
S3RG3

Post by S3RG3 »

Hi there, took some time to answer since i dont have internet 24/7.Sad.
Well, ive just tried a simple SSD 1.10? vpk dump. I cant really tell if it has a jap asset, cause this version i own is in complete spanish and i think its official. I just got the dump from someone. I dont really have the gamecard.
About the image tearing, i kind of remember something, but i didnt look for it since i was looking for resolution. Maybe it can be resolved through those files i posted about.
In case of an inmediate talk, my email is:
serge@nauta.cu
Thanks
S3RG3

Post by S3RG3 »

Forgot to say, i didnt have any of the changes you said. The game was still ok, same buttons layout, it didnt change anything.
Gensosuikoden

Post by Gensosuikoden »

Thank you so much for replying swiftly! It sounds like maybe my issue is that I didn't use an unencrypted dump and was just trying to use the officially downloaded game.

Thanks again!
Gensosuikoden

Post by Gensosuikoden »

@SGRG3 Finally got it to work, on patch version 1.30, no less!

To anyone else interested in applying the S.S.Delta resolution tweak to the official PlayStation Store digital version.

I had to follow the steps in this guide (section "Games with updates"):

https://github.com/TheRadziu/NoNpDRM-modding/wiki

In order for the mod to work without issue, the entire patch (version 1.30) had to be decrypted and immediately FTP'd to PC prior to editing the boot_config.ini. Doing only the boot_config.ini resulted in the problems mentioned in my previous post.

In order to maintain the decryption of the entire patch folder during the transfer, FTP was necessary as USB would just transfer Encrypted. The following steps in particular had to be done in the exact order listed to ensure the files transferred were all decrypted.
3. Go to ux0:/patch/ folder, using dpad select the GAMEID directory of a chosen game you want to mod and press triangle -> more -> Open decrypted.

4. Press SELECT to open FTP server (switch it under START key if you have USB connection chosen).

5. Using FTP client on PC, connect to vita, then guide to ux0:/patch/GAMEID directory. Make sure you open this folder and download all its contents to PC.
It took me several tries to get this right. Issues resulted from either not following the correct order before transfer (e.g. by not opening into the patch folder via FTP and downloading the contents to PC as per the instructions but instead just downloading the unopened folder resulted in files transferred being encrypted) or some files failing to transfer. To ensure successful transfer of all files I turned off wifi power saving mode and put the Vita very near the Wifi router to ensure best signal strength.
justalex

Post by justalex »

Hi there, I'm having a weird issue where i decrypt and copy everything to my PC properly (eboot file start with SCE as mentioned in the tutorial) and on gravity rush and borderlands I've tried to find the values mentioned by posters and they can never be found using hxd hex editor.

Any ideas? I'm stumped to be honest I thought searching for the hex entry would have been the easy part but hey ho computers and all that.

many thanks
Alex
Gensosuikoden

Post by Gensosuikoden »

justalex wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:38 pm Hi there, I'm having a weird issue where i decrypt and copy everything to my PC properly (eboot file start with SCE as mentioned in the tutorial) and on gravity rush and borderlands I've tried to find the values mentioned by posters and they can never be found using hxd hex editor.

Any ideas? I'm stumped to be honest I thought searching for the hex entry would have been the easy part but hey ho computers and all that.

many thanks
Alex
I'm having this exact same problem with eboot.bin resolution editing via HXD for Dead or Alive 5+ and Borderlands too. I have decrypted properly but can find none of the necessary values for modification in the hex editor. I wonder if it's something to do with game region with different versions having different values? All the tutorials I have found refer to US versions of the games in question (if they mention region at all) whereas I am trying to mod the EU versions. . . That's the only explanation I can think of.
Gensosuikoden

Post by Gensosuikoden »

justalex wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:38 pm Hi there, I'm having a weird issue where i decrypt and copy everything to my PC properly (eboot file start with SCE as mentioned in the tutorial) and on gravity rush and borderlands I've tried to find the values mentioned by posters and they can never be found using hxd hex editor.

many thanks
Alex
Hi, I dunno if you've already seen it but I raised a separate support topic asking if hex values for editing could differ between game region. I was told that it could so maybe that's your problem?

Return to “Support”