Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[OPEN] Native vita resolution in games.

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
basedinx

[OPEN] Native vita resolution in games.

Post by basedinx »

Hi forum.
I noticed that vita games don't usually run at native 540p. Is there any way to change resolution via memory editing(rincheat maybe?) or a plugin? It'd be neat to play around as henkaku users are able to have a slightly better under clocked mode.
Advertising
Last edited by basedinx on Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NeoTechni

Re: Native vita resolution in games.

Post by NeoTechni »

I'd like to know this too, especially for PSTV
Advertising
basedinx

Re: Native vita resolution in games.

Post by basedinx »

NeoTechni wrote:I'd like to know this too, especially for PSTV
The only info I have is from this thread on vitahacks r/vitahacks/comments/637np7/
Unreal engine games have settings for resolution in config file but executable doesn't even care about it, meaning it's either hardcoded into eboot.bin which could be cracked with prxtools or it's some custom shader by armature. I've sent a pm to op of mentioned thread Kabuto_Kun, to see if he had any progress on this.
Also this thread is kind of old but interesting r/vitahacks/comments/4vpsry/
Basically Major_Tom one of the people who cracked content encryption can actually do this stuff so might be a good idea to ask them on twitter if Kabuto_Kun doesn't respond.
Yoyogames28

Re: [OPEN] Native vita resolution in games.

Post by Yoyogames28 »

To add on to the vitahacks post, there have been three games that have had resolution hacks made for it so far, two of them with the easy method: Gravity Rush (the difference is near impossible to tell if it's not UI elements), Asphalt Injection, and Ridge Racer
Discount DF
NeoTechni

Post by NeoTechni »

I want to do the gravity Rush one to my physical cart. I've been told I need a specific file decrypted but I have no idea how to get it. Can someone just post the modified file please?
basedinx

Post by basedinx »

Yoyogames28 wrote:To add on to the vitahacks post, there have been three games that have had resolution hacks made for it so far, two of them with the easy method: Gravity Rush (the difference is near impossible to tell if it's not UI elements), Asphalt Injection, and Ridge Racer
Yeah when I first changed resolution in gravity rush I actually noticed big difference, especially in combat. Comparison screenshots might be a little deceiving not that those're fake it's something you have to see.
Also person on gbatemp asked for mk9 res hack. I was able to change 3d render resolution to 544p but interface stayed the same so it is pixel perfect but very small compared to whole frame.
4FF420704FF4B871 > 4FF470704FF40871
Here's what he sent me.
https://imgur.com/a/sATvK
NeoTechni wrote:I want to do the gravity Rush one to my physical cart. I've been told I need a specific file decrypted but I have no idea how to get it. Can someone just post the modified file please?
You can use patch as a mod. Just edit your patch eboot and load game as usual.
NeoTechni

Post by NeoTechni »

I need the decrypted eboot first. Which I can't get. MAIDUMP crashes immediately.
basedinx

Post by basedinx »

NeoTechni wrote:
I need the decrypted eboot first. Which I can't get. MAIDUMP crashes immediately.
https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comm ... esolution/

Look for idumpvitastuff posts.
NeoTechni

Post by NeoTechni »

He's the one who told me to use the program that is crashing. heck, I'm in that thread and he's talking to me. It's not working. That's why I'm asking for someone to get it for me.
S3RG3

Post by S3RG3 »

Soul Sacrifice Delta Native Resolution

Hi there guys. Native resolution can be achieved in SSD in a very simple way. Just by editing a single file. I´ve just tested it in version 1.10. Don´t know in other versions.

The file is: "boot_config.ini"(without the quotes) and it´s located in the "resources" folder of the game. You can look for the file after you install the game to your Vita. The game ID is PCSA00152.

Now, open/edit the file and you will see many lines. Head for the ResoDown line and change the value from 1 to 0. And that´s it.
It doesn´t affect the overall performance. So don´t need to overclock or whatever.

You can edit the file using Vitashell, or connecting the Vita to the PC via USB or WiFI, it doesn´t matters.

Save the file and run the game.

Return to “Support”