Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[SOLVED] Adrenaline V3 PSX CWCheat Not Working

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
Akula

Re: [SOLVED] Adrenaline V3 PSX CWCheat Not Working

Post by Akula »

foxus wrote:
Akula wrote:
foxus wrote:Im also trying to import a save data from retroarch to the vita. and the last update on adrenaline fixed issue when the cwcheatpops menu wasnt showing. Sadly, even when the menu is fixed, when importing a save data, the plugin doesnt work. Im currently importing a save data for crash bash(see below) unsuccessfully, i open the plugin, go to memory card and i load the mcr file in the slot 1, the plugin says "ok" or success, but the memory card is never actually imported. All i see is the same save data that was already there before the plugin was called.

Any advice?
Well, with FFIX, it ended up importing to card 2, so maybe it's doing it to you? Use the official menu to check.
Importing to slot 2 didnt work either: as crash bash doesnt have slot selection in the save screen, you can only save on that slot. So, when importing to slot 2 it gives an error, you close, go back to the game, reopen the plugin, try to import again and sometimes it works the slot 2 import but sadly, it only says "ok". In reality the save never loads because when checking the slot 2 using the oficial settings i can see theres nothing in slot 2.

It seems that loading is broken. But you mean you did imported successfully for ff9?
Yeah, worked fine for me, did you check the game id listed in CWCheat? Mine was different than I named the MCR file, though that might have been a slip up.
Advertising
foxus

Post by foxus »

Akula wrote:Yeah, worked fine for me, did you check the game id listed in CWCheat? Mine was different than I named the MCR file, though that might have been a slip up.
I did, and the GameId is the same. Scus_9457 in cwcheatpops and SCUS_94570-0.mcr in the sd card daaaaam im so sad, i really wana switch from retroarch
Advertising
Akula

Post by Akula »

foxus wrote:
Akula wrote:Yeah, worked fine for me, did you check the game id listed in CWCheat? Mine was different than I named the MCR file, though that might have been a slip up.
I did, and the GameId is the same. Scus_9457 in cwcheatpops and SCUS_94570-0.mcr in the sd card daaaaam im so sad, i really wana switch from retroarch
Did you remember to change the Retroarch .srm extension to .mcr?
EDIT: just noticed in your post, sorry
EDIT 2: I'm going to try with a couple of other games just to be sure, give me a minute.
foxus

Post by foxus »

Akula wrote:
foxus wrote:
Did you remember to change the Retroarch .srm extension to .mcr?
EDIT: just noticed in your post, sorry
EDIT 2: I'm going to try with a couple of other games just to be sure, give me a minute.
thanks pal, could you try my mcr file with crash bash from emuparadise usa version? first google result and its only 89 mb, i wonder what im doing wrong
Akula

Post by Akula »

So a couple things I've learned:
1. Either through CWCheats fault or the method Adrenaline is using to emulate PSX games, the cards loaded through CWCheat are in temporary memory, and need to be saved using the in-game save option, otherwise they disappear when you restart the game.
2. No matter what I do, the mcr files are being loaded as slot 2, and while this isn't a problem with games like Final Fantasy, where both slots are accessible, for games like CTR and Crash Bash it's scr..ing us over, and because they are some kind of temporary memory, I cannot access them with the official Vita memory card utility. If it somehow loaded the mcr files in a way that the Memory Card Utility could recognize, this wouldn't be an issue, as I could move the files to slot 1.
foxus

Post by foxus »

Akula wrote:So a couple things I've learned:
1. Either through CWCheats fault or the method Adrenaline is using to emulate PSX games, the cards loaded through CWCheat are in temporary memory, and need to be saved using the in-game save option, otherwise they disappear when you restart the game.
2. No matter what I do, the mcr files are being loaded as slot 2, and while this isn't a problem with games like Final Fantasy, where both slots are accessible, for games like CTR and Crash Bash it's scr..ing us over, and because they are some kind of temporary memory, I cannot access them with the official Vita memory card utility. If it somehow loaded the mcr files in a way that the Memory Card Utility could recognize, this wouldn't be an issue, as I could move the files to slot 1.
This is a very insightful information. Sadly it leaves no choice but to use a psp to make the savedata port. I wish i had a PSP. and as the psp scene is no hot anymore and the flow stoped the develpment for a while i imagine there will be no solution T_T
Akula

Post by Akula »

foxus wrote: This is a very insightful information. Sadly it leaves no choice but to use a psp to make the savedata port. I wish i had a PSP. and as the psp scene is no hot anymore and the flow stoped the develpment for a while i imagine there will be no solution T_T
I own a PSP so...
https://mega.nz/#!SRV12CDJ!KoXlLAgmTDsR ... jxnMWPzEZA

EDIT: Also, part of the problem (I believe) is that you need to reset the game after loading the memory card in CWcheat on the PSP, then it is in temp memory slot 1, same idea as before, need to save before it's in a PSP format.
foxus

Post by foxus »

holly crab, thanks man, this wasnt my original save though :P. but this will be helpful.

And i cant believe there is not an option to copy and replace all in slot 1. That would be even easier to implement. I think the original developer thought on using the slot 2 so that you can import one save file at a time without losing what you already had on your PSP. But after this we can see that was terrible idea, not only because it broke the functionality on the vita but also because its a lot easier to rearrange everything on the pc on a proper emulator or using a save manager tool. After that the only thing left is to dump overwrite all the slots in ram memory at the time so that you can save and write everithing back on the PSP savedata.

Well, maybe this solution i say also have its own problems. Anyway, i learned a lot, thanks :D

Return to “Support”