Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Battery issue? or dead vita...

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
RazzleDazzle

Battery issue? or dead vita...

Post by RazzleDazzle »

Hello,

I left my vita alone for a couple of months, and now it doesn't seem to turn on even after charging it for 2 days. I have tried every button combination, and have now gone as far as disconnecting the battery for a few minutes, but nothing seems to be working, and I get zero response from the system.

What happens when I plug the Vita in to charge is the orange light flashes once, then goes solid orange for about 20-30 minutes, then turns off.

What I'm wondering is;
A) Is that normal?
B) Could this be a indicator that I have killed the battery?
C) If I haven't killed my battery is it then actually taking a charge? as would it not be blinking orange repeatedly if it was still low on batteries, or dead?

As of now I currently have no means of testing the battery, or testing one from another unit... which really sucks as it would really help narrow down the possible issues.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
Advertising
adover1965

Re: Battery issue? or dead vita...

Post by adover1965 »

Had Same Issue......Now A FIX!....DO Not Plug Into A PC. Go Get The Charger. That Came With The System. plug it into the wall let it charge completely!!.....ENJOY!
Advertising
ACE
RazzleDazzle

Post by RazzleDazzle »

Thanks for the reply, but the issue is not that I'm plugging it into my computer... I wish that was the case, but I'm in fact using the original charger.

Have any other ideas?
izzis

Post by izzis »

Maybe I had same issue, too.
I left my vita in standby mode for a long time. Now I can't turn it on. When I tried to press power button or get in to recovery mode, green light flash once then off.
When connect charging, Red light for a minute then off.
I rarely use my vita, so I doubt battery is dead.
Still waiting for answer.
adover1965

Post by adover1965 »

First When The Vita Is OFF, And Not Plugged in Hold PS Button, Power Button, And Volume Up At The Same Time. For 45 Seconds Or A "Drained Battery" Symbol Appears. Then Follow The Steps I Mentioned. And You Should Be GOLDEN!
ACE
makak1984

Post by makak1984 »

Hi I have similar but not exact problem with my Vita. First of all I've used probably all methods that even exist on internet. First removed battery plugged it, used rebuild database on recovery menu. To this "volume up" method but after that PS button was blinking orange. After 10 minutes or so, turned to solid orange, charged again rebuild database etc. Now on new battery after almost all day on standby wifi/gps off Vita looked as dead, but volume up worked and returned to menu... so it wasn't dead but almost discharged. So I am charging it after off and volume up method and we see what happen now.
Strange for me is that my Vita only charge on original charger and PC not other chargers... so cleaned contacts on Vita, cable and charger, but same.
Maybe some dev could make HB that could measure charge/discharge current and save to the logs (when standby).

I also ordered this little thing https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Arr ... 09681.html tomeasure current of the Vita's charger...

But have another idea, because saw many of cases when Vita had problems since 2013 (on some firmwares) until now 2.57-2.60 fw. So maybe formatting card could help if this is fw problems.
PSP 3004 6.60 PRO-C2Fix3, PS Vita 3G 1104 3.60 thaiHENkaku v7, PS TV3.60 HENkaku 3DS XL9.2, XBOX 360 LT3, WII,WII U 5.5.1 PS2 FreeMcBoot, GBA SP

Return to “Support”