Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Corrupt Memorycard and taihenkaku (hope?) TL;DR in the end

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
sergiogamboa2

Corrupt Memorycard and taihenkaku (hope?) TL;DR in the end

Post by sergiogamboa2 »

TL;DR in the end
Hello people! It's been an awesome 2016 for us with 3.60 vitas I have done the inthinkable today and ran the a GBa emulator (tempgba4psp) inside adrenaline and it was successful the best gba emulator in the vita finally! (sound and frame rate was the best i could found) but thats not why I'm writing this post, I have found out that my old 32gb memory card may have some life in it (it was not been recognized) because in the VITAident app when it was on the vita said internal 1.50gb and memory 1.02gb however if I took out the memory i would not show the memory 1.02gb memory (i know it is a long shot since it was a 32gb)

This is the screenshot with the memory card of 32gb in
There you can even see that it is recognized and even has something in it (or maybe just the size actually available)

This is the screenshot when removing the memory card
It is gone and only the one with 1.50gb (internal since it is a slim model) has remained

The juicy part comes here...

I managed to use the UX0 partition file and actually installed the vita shell and other apps to the vita internal memory
from there you can take a look at this:

So there is use but it is not formatted or recognized as it has to be!
Obviously i can't access the memory card in my computer and be certain of this but to all the people that sony has taken a sh*t in their mouths with this crappy storage (included me) has some hope now

Maybe theflow0's usb interface for the vita may fix this then the computers are going to be able to interact with the I/O directly of the vita freely but this is merely speculation since it will be released in february.

The history of the faulty memory card was the following:
This was in the time of the 2.xx firmware updates. The vita was updating its database everytime i depleted the battery for good and I didn't took it as a error since the vita has always been weird, some days passed and the memory wasn't recognized anymore and I tried formatting it but the formatting failed half way and then formatting again the ps vita was stuck in detection of the memory cards (both the fat and the slim models) I tried everything to bring it back for example:
-Formatting in recovery menu (stuck in recognizing the media, and ended up with error C2-12828-1 of the settings app) (first time formatting it took a long time and failed mid way in the process)
-Restoring the entire system with the card inside (Did not recognize)
-Restoring the entire system from the recovery menu with the card inside (did not recognize)
-Holding the memory card really deep when turning on the vita (stuck in boot logo)
-Update database (did nothing)

So I gave up since amazon would recognize only a fraction of what I paid and I live in Costa Rica so i was not in the mood to send it all the way to the states for some bucks and buying another one.

Thanks to the YifanLu and molecular team (and of course other home-brew developers for the vita like vitaident, vitashell and more) I have now realized that something can be done if it can be formatted with the PC since it may be a partition error

Everyone have a nice 2017 and enjoy your vitas, your family and the community if I find something useful I will post back and if someone ask anything I turned on notifications to reply as soon as possible this could be the start of an effort together to bring back the dead memory cards of the vita. Thank you.

TL;DR: Memory was faulty, first format failed half way, then it was not recognized, now with home-brew I can see it has been detected and I wrote to it but vita won't detected even then as a system only vita shell will let write to it UX0. Since a 32gb card now is a 1.02gb card because a bad format there is hope for directly format it with the pc if the scene lets it in the future.

EDIT1: I have removed the memory card of the ps vita and still had the UX0 partition and still was able to write in it so this was my complete error on this so the memory is not going to work anyways (but still formatting it as it should be may fix it) so please try to ignore everything I say about write to the memory of 1gb since thats the same internal memory but Vitaident got me confused. sorry about it.
Advertising
Attachments
2017-01-02-050713.jpg
2017-01-02-050713.jpg (97.58 KiB) Viewed 4064 times
2017-01-02-044937.jpg
2017-01-02-044937.jpg (111.97 KiB) Viewed 4064 times
2017-01-02-044925.jpg
2017-01-02-044925.jpg (102.77 KiB) Viewed 4064 times
tsundere

Re: Corrupt Memorycard and taihenkaku (hope?) TL;DR in the e

Post by tsundere »

Did u try formating it, without Henkaku through the standard 3.60 fw?
Advertising
Tail870

Re: Corrupt Memorycard and taihenkaku (hope?) TL;DR in the e

Post by Tail870 »

Now you can try format memory card using a pc!
But BE CAREFULL!
El, Psy, Congroo!

Return to “Support”