Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

How can I convert this UTF encoded text file?

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
AMAAAAAR

How can I convert this UTF encoded text file?

Post by AMAAAAAR » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:55 pm

I'm trying to extract text from a game. I have finally extracted the text file that I need, but it has a .bin file extension. The first line in it's hex code is `@UTF...8.......ã`, so I'm assuming that it is encoded by UTF-8. However, every UTF converter that I have tried can not convert it to human readable text. TrID, a program that finds the file type of a file, also does not recognise the file, so that might mean that the file is encrypted.

I don't know what else to try, which is why am asking if anyone has an idea here. I am using Windows 7 32 bit, if it matters. The file that I am trying to convert is here.

If someone can help get this done, they'd be helping the whole Oregairu communtiy! It's been bothering me for hours, so if anyone with experience (or without) can help me it'd be really great.

Thanks in advance to anyone who'll provide help.
Advertising

DS_Marine
Developer

Re: How can I convert this UTF encoded text file?

Post by DS_Marine » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:08 pm

Your file starts with SC3, no UTF in there.. wrong file?
Also .bin usually is unlikely to contain text.
Advertising
ImagePSP-Controlled drone
"Hackers don't have superpowers. Just a hackable PSP and a brain (ships by default on most humans models)" - A famous guy

endrift
Guru

Re: How can I convert this UTF encoded text file?

Post by endrift » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:54 pm

Seconding wrong file. Scrolling through the file in a hex editor, it contains patterns which are not indicative of text, and are also far too low entropy to be encrypted.

Return to “Support”