Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS Vita "Firmware Flashing Mode"???

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
amirmaher

PS Vita "Firmware Flashing Mode"???

Post by amirmaher »

I was trying to charge my vita powered off by connecting it to USB port of my laptop and i found that my vita screen lit up for a sec then started charging (just like mtk phones download mode).
tried to connect it to wall charger and it did nothing.
so i was thinking if this is a "firmware flasher" mode as it can be encrypted like recovery mode for apple devices so Sony can flash bricked devices without letting any way to downgrade or flash a devkit firmware or a cfw etc.
or this is another thing that is not related to its security system?
anyone can reproduce this by connecting a PS vita powered off to PC in a dark room (you won't see it in light because of the OLED screen).
if it didn't work unplug your vita, wait for 2 minutes then try again while holding PS button.
Advertising
CPUzX

Re: PS Vita "Firmware Flashing Mode"???

Post by CPUzX »

amirmaher wrote:I was trying to charge my vita powered off by connecting it to USB port of my laptop and i found that my vita screen lit up for a sec then started charging (just like mtk phones download mode).
tried to connect it to wall charger and it did nothing.
so i was thinking if this is a "firmware flasher" mode as it can be encrypted like recovery mode for apple devices so Sony can flash bricked devices without letting any way to downgrade or flash a devkit firmware or a cfw etc.
or this is another thing that is not related to its security system?
anyone can reproduce this by connecting a PS vita powered off to PC in a dark room (you won't see it in light because of the OLED screen).
if it didn't work unplug your vita, wait for 2 minutes then try again while holding PS button.
It's called a power surge. (Unlocked thread due to misunderstanding).
Advertising
amirmaher

Post by amirmaher »

i want to know whats going on with vita's bootrom if this is related to bootrom itself.
i've been searching since i've posted this and didn't find any answer :(
Zafotheninja

Post by Zafotheninja »

CPUzX wrote: It's called a power surge. (Unlocked thread due to misunderstanding).
Interesting, cause I've noticed the same phnomina as the OP, just wondering how you are sure it's just a power surge.

I suppose one could check by isolating the power lines in the charging cable and have them go to the charger while the rest go to a computer. Next best would be sniffing the data lines, either with the PC or a logic analyzer.

Anyway, I think I recall my PC making the USB plugged in sound last time I did this, so I'm with the OP on this one.
If I come off as an ***, I'm sorry, I don't mean to 87.6% of the time.
amirmaher

Post by amirmaher »

up!
this was a long time but i think it may be something.
sony won't let their devices without a way to recover from software bricks (soft brick or hard)
psp has pandora battery and can revive from soft or hard bricks. sony has one better than ours to do the same thing.
so the vita must have a way to recover from such a thing and it can be this mode.
or this mode is a kiosk verification system but i don't know why it connects to computer and causes qcma to crash.
so, what do you think?
PS Vita 3G/WiFi 3.60 HENkaku
SilicaAndPina

Post by SilicaAndPina »

amirmaher wrote:up!
this was a long time but i think it may be something.
sony won't let their devices without a way to recover from software bricks (soft brick or hard)
psp has pandora battery and can revive from soft or hard bricks. sony has one better than ours to do the same thing.
so the vita must have a way to recover from such a thing and it can be this mode.
or this mode is a kiosk verification system but i don't know why it connects to computer and causes qcma to crash.
so, what do you think?
omg ur right about the sony recorvery flash recovery thing:

PS3 - PSJailBreak could access this mode,
PSP - Pandora could access this mode,
Its not unreasonable to think the PS4, and PSVITA might have these features to
HECK in /config/np/ theres even a few debug options lol

Return to “Support”