Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[OPEN] Lower screen brightness with henkaku?

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
skyhot004

[OPEN] Lower screen brightness with henkaku?

Post by skyhot004 »

Is there any way?
Also turn off the blue light PS Button too

My eyes are burning when I'm playing vita in the dark
Advertising
...................Yeah i got nothing to say here
hawkbasher

Re: [OPEN] Lower screen brightness with henkaku?

Post by hawkbasher »

That would be really nice to have (on fat vita). Especially a way to turn that blue light off from PS button, like it was on some old FW versions.
Advertising
MyLegGuy

Post by MyLegGuy »

I got an idea a few days ago. It was to make a plugin that draws a slightly transparent black rectangle over the screen, making all the colors darker.
I'm not sure if this would actually make the screen less bright though. Maybe for the Slim but not the Fat. I don't know.

For the PS button, you should just put some tape over it to block out some of the light.
please reply
hawkbasher

Post by hawkbasher »

But since we have full access to the registry now thanks to henkaku, maybe there is a switch in there to disable the light completely. It's not a hardware thing, only firmware, since afair it was off on FW below 1.80.
As with the screen brightness, this on the other hand might be a hardware limitation of the screen itself, that it won't go darker. Your idea is interesting though.
Wizigard

Post by Wizigard »

I support this. My phone had blulight app, was a good thing... was because I dropped phone on the ground and now I use Vita again for multimedia :D. Would be cool to have this here.
Also some speaker booster app would be interesting.
hyausv67

Post by hyausv67 »

It's different I know, but just buy some blue light blocking glasses (find them on the internet) - they will help a lot.
And yes, technically possible for someone to reduce the brightness and blue levels, but why wait?

Glasses will work for every device, hacked or not, it is much simpler and just as effective.

Maybe something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G04DGYW/

Return to “Support”