Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[OPEN] vs0;app folder missing after using VitaRW.

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
Kration!

[OPEN] vs0;app folder missing after using VitaRW.

Post by Kration! »

My system apps are no where to be found. When everything was right i was trying to install Pkg installer on my 3.60 HENkaku Vita as the tutorial says to use VitaRW and put the DEX Pkg installer folder in vs0:app. I coudnt find the folder (it was my first time using VitaRW). I restarted as the tutorial said to access my system app (as they wont work while using VitaRW), I did that only to find out that ALL of my system apps are missing (excluding Welcome Park) and I cant access HENkaku either.. and after a while it loaded into the boot date set thingy and doesnt get past that screen.
MY QUESTION : Can this be fixed or is my vita forever fked?
Advertising
AbyssDweller

Re: [OPEN] vs0;app folder missing after using VitaRW.

Post by AbyssDweller »

You should be okay. It would be a good idea to reinstall the 3.60 update. You probably replaced the entire vs0:app folder instead of just vs0:app/NPXS10031 (the package installer folder.)

vs0: doesn't seem dangerous to mess with, as you can recover (some guy from reddit deleted the entire folder and was able to fix it.) Welcome park stayed because its at a different place pd0: iirc.

You'll be fine. Just look up how to reinstall the 3.60 update.
Advertising
P3T3

Post by P3T3 »

You should be ok, I deleted browser folder and no issues, did not even reinstall just rebooted vita, system should just replace the files on reboot!
Kration!

Post by Kration! »

AbyssDweller wrote:You should be okay. It would be a good idea to reinstall the 3.60 update. You probably replaced the entire vs0:app folder instead of just vs0:app/NPXS10031 (the package installer folder.)

vs0: doesn't seem dangerous to mess with, as you can recover (some guy from reddit deleted the entire folder and was able to fix it.) Welcome park stayed because its at a different place pd0: iirc.

You'll be fine. Just look up how to reinstall the 3.60 update.
I just tried doing the safe mode firmware update (triple checking the tutorial and the things I did), but after selecting the "Connect to PC and update" in safe mode it just gives me a "c0-10139-4 error" and exits out to the main safe mode screen.
mr.gas
Guru

Post by mr.gas »

can u run sys apps ?
mr.gas
Guru

Post by mr.gas »

what tutorial u follow to do a recovery update
Kration!

Post by Kration! »

mr.gas wrote:what tutorial u follow to do a recovery update
I followed wololo's tut to update. I can't access the system apps I'm stuck in the screen that appears after restoring the vita it just doesn't show anything after the time set section. I try to update (from safe mode) but it shows c0-10139-4 error
What is this error? And can this be fixed?

Edit: Before restoring like a dumbo, I tried clicking the install button on the moecluarShell live area but it said "Couldn't find the application''

Return to “Support”