Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS One Loader Tutorial Released By The Flow [CLOSED]

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
DarkstarVITA

PS One Loader Tutorial Released By The Flow [CLOSED]

Post by DarkstarVITA » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:26 pm

Ok so i am going to attempt the ps one loader tutorial released by the flow

http://wololo.net/2016/03/14/ps-vita-ps ... y-theflow/

I have firmware 3.51 VHBL FTP and TNV-11 on this vita but I have not done the e-mail trick on this vita cause it got
speed hacked by transferring a tnv bubble from another vita that i hacked manually
with the email trick..if that makes any sense anyways I can do the email hack anytime on
the vita but that is not my question

To prepare for this I know I needed at least one store bought sony game on my account, So I logged into
the ps store on my 3.60 vita. bought a ps one game strider 2 for 6$.

then i downloaded my strider game to my 3.60 vita then plugged my 3.60 vita into my pc running QMCA 3.10
and then copied the strider2 file to my pc.

now I have the pc folder with PSX ID TAG SLUS Something

anyways the first steps of the tutorial tell you take the eboot.pbp and put it in your root of our vita
through ftp. I know how to do this, cause I installed FTP and VHBL into my vita

I snoopoed all through the strider file and it's 3 folders and could not find a eboot.pbp
file I found a PSVIMG file?? 266 megs do I just rename that to eboot.pbp

and start the tutorial??

like I said i am new to all of this and am struggling.

-Darkstar VITA
Advertising
Last edited by DarkstarVITA on Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

odyle54

Re: PS One Loader Tutorial Released By The Flow Stuck on Ste

Post by odyle54 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:55 pm

You need to put your game in the vita with QCMA, and when you go on the folders with ftp, you'll see the eboot.pbp, and you must copy it to the root of the vita. In vita
Advertising

dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:59 pm

The guide says nothing about backing up your base PS One game through QCMA...

Open Filer or FTP, navigate to MS0:/PSP/GAME/(PS1 BASE GAME ID)/EBOOT.PBP

Then just copy the EBOOT.PBP to the root of the memory stick (MS0:/)

I can't believe The_Zett or someone hasn't made a video guide yet ffs.
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD

Strider Hiryu

Post by Strider Hiryu » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:43 pm

I have all but given up on this method. Let me explain what I do:

I use XS Moto as my basegame and generate Base_Headers.bin from the eboot.php file, swap that eboot.pbp for the one I generated from Vagrant Story, place them together into the 'release' folder, open the signer.exe from a command prompt, rename the output.pbp to eboot.pbp, drag the PSVXXX folder (now containing that eboot.php) into the savedata folder on my PC, use FTPVita and qCMA to upload the save file to the Vita, create the SLUS01040 folder that has a copy of the signed eboot.pbp on the Vita, used the HackInformer guide to prepare the database file (using Vagrant Story as the title of the game, SLUS01040 as the title ID, entered SLUS01506 under the settings game Title ID , hit the generate button, copied the text into the SQLiteBrowser program (inside the Execute SQL tab), hit the blue play button below that tab, saw that the data was entered correctly (no error message), hit the write changes button, exited SQLiteBrowser, and emailed that .db file (renamed to #0 as an attachment) with "ur0:shell/db/app.db" as the subject. Once I open the email (camera symbol appears), I avoid clicking the OK button following the "Cannot display this image" message, click the PS button, followed by the circle button to close the email app. In the last step, I power down the PS Vita, wait for 10 seconds, power it on again, and go to the last page. The Vagrant Story bubble appears. I click it, wait for the Vita warning message to pass, wait for several seconds, and then I always get an e-ffffffff error.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? For now, I am using Total-Noob's TN-X to load my PS1 games because I'm baflled on what I might be doing wrong. :cry:

DarkstarVITA

Post by DarkstarVITA » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:03 am

Ok now I'm really confused , first of all QMCA won't install my ps one game to my other vita..I can grab
all the psp and ps vita games off the network of my vita copy them to my pc and then copy them to different
vita using QMCA..the ps one game i can't it the only ps1 game i own, like I said I just bought it?

So do Insstall the ps one game by ftp?? and copy the folder to psp / game folder / but i have 3.51
i thought sony locked out the write access to the game folder

and also I tried downloading the ps one game to my ps3, and the bubble sits there, and when I do
the qmca swap trick with usb cord to ps3, qmca can not seee the ps one game to copy to my vita
either it can see the other psp and vita games i downloaded and i can transfer those..

if anyone knows what is going on , or IDK?

i can successfully transfer the ps one game with qmca to my pc though, if that helps me in anyway
do i really have to install the store bought game on the vita that I am trying to do ps one loader
on..or is having it on my hard drive good enough??

this is not going well for me since I can't even do step 1
it's ok.. i am sure someone knows something about step 1

thanks in advance

-Darkstar VITA

Strider Hiryu

Post by Strider Hiryu » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:13 am

I think it's safe to say that a video with step by step instructions would be really beneficial here. We are all probably missing (an) important step(s) that need to be followed to make this work correctly. Hopefully someone here who has successfully used The Flow's Bubbles can visually explain how to put everything together soon. The bubbles really add a nice touch and have a better compatibility rate with PS1 games.

AbyssDweller

Post by AbyssDweller » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:25 am

Strider Hiryu wrote:I click it, wait for the Vita warning message to pass, wait for several seconds, and then I always get an e-ffffffff error.
This link should explain it a bit for you. You must have downloaded an old one if you are getting that error.

I have gotten 10 PS1 bubbles working just fine with hackinformer's guide.

DarkstarVITA

Post by DarkstarVITA » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:25 pm

Thank you for the link, the link seems to have some videos on there when I get a chance I will
watch the videos and will give this another go I will post my results when I get a chance.

thanks to all for the advice on my ps1 loader project..

I'm gonna leave this thread open til i watch some videos and see what happens..

if anyone else has any other advice chime in, I really like to know why i can't transfer my
store bought ps1 game to my other vita with qmca, is it cause I have 3.51 and sony locked
out write access to game folder and qmca is trying to copy ps one file to that folder?
it gets 99% there and i get a courrput data error.???

is there a way around this? how do i install store bought ps1 games on my vita 3.51

no problem installing iso and psp games though, but like i said those don't go in the game folder

-Darstar VITA

DarkstarVITA

Post by DarkstarVITA » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:49 am

AbyssDweller , I went to the page, for the link you posted and it was the flows twitter account

I really didn't see any tutorial or documentation there that would help me, I don't have a twitter
account do need to be logged in to see a tutorial

-

DarkstarVITA

Post by DarkstarVITA » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:03 am

I'm closing this thread found a really good tutorial in the tutorial section will post link in new thread

Return to “Support”