Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Open] 3.51 Wall of questions. R U Brave enough to respond?

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
SpiderByt3s

[Open] 3.51 Wall of questions. R U Brave enough to respond?

Post by SpiderByt3s » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:54 am

Hello there Brave Adventurer (Fill in Blank) !

I have been lost for days in these very strange lands known as the Wololo Nets! Struggling to figure out what to do with this future device the kids are calling a PS Vita running Version 3.51 and PSM Runtime Package - !

So many arguments have erupted in the Pool Hall among the Pros that the only way to go is to update this gosh darned device to 3.52!

My question for you brave adventurer, IF YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT are as listed below!

1) Teach the Weary Traveler if it is better to stay on 3.51 or update to 3.52!

²) Listen to the Annoying Travelers rants about his glory days of playing Nintendo Games! [especially games designed for hand held] *wink*

Three) Draw with crayons a way for the Stupid Traveler to understand which is better for his PS Vita! 'Rejuvenate' OR what he understands to be ePSP hacks? (i.e. CEF, ARK or VHBL)

D) *A bag is flung from the Travelers waste pouch* These are the physical games I have collected for the PS Vita! ( he exclaims) Which one of these hacks will allow me to still play these games?

Potato) *In a clear tone the traveler says 'TL:DR'* I want to be able to emulate Nintendo handheld games and well as ISOs from the PSP and still use physical games if at all possible.

Before you go the traveler mumbles "It's Dangerous to go alone, Take This!"

You have Received: +1 Karma

With that the slightly Insane Traveler starts to hold his breath waiting for your response. :oops:
Advertising

dkabot

Re: 3.51 Noobs wall of questions. R U Brave enough to respon

Post by dkabot » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:11 am

1. Stay. 3.52 kills PSM dead.
2. /me listens
3. Rejuvenate is new, untapped potential while ePSP is mature (can you do it on a PSP and does it not use the USB port? You can probably do it in ePSP). Why not both?
4. If your game plays now, it will continue to play until a game update comes out that needs a newer firmware (seems unlikely, however, but CYA policy here)
5. You need ARK or TN-V to play PSP ISOs, as VHBL is homebrew only. VHBL or Rejuvenate can run your NESes (though the emu for Rejuvenate may or may not be unstable) but you need eCFW to run PSP games (barring PSN ones, I suppose).

A note, though, is that there is no eCFW on 3.51 yet, only Rejuvenate and an especially limited VHBL (EU and Minis base game). No matter what you're going to be waiting, and a PS3 will probably be necessary to get an ePSP exploit game onto the console.
Advertising

SpiderByt3s

Re: [Open] 3.51 Wall of questions. R U Brave enough to respo

Post by SpiderByt3s » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:35 am

The now Dizzy Traveler lets out a groan of excitement! ;)

"He tosses a LARGE bag at your feet!"

Ahem, Before you open that bag. One Last thing Brave Adventurer !

IF I understand correctly, my best bet for EMUs of the Nintendo Sorts would be VHBL or Rejuvenate? If I wanted a "bubble" for each emulator is that possible with either of these?

*The Annoying Traveler chuckles to himself* :lol:

zeest

Re: [Open] 3.51 Wall of questions. R U Brave enough to respo

Post by zeest » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:23 pm

SpiderByt3s wrote:IF I understand correctly, my best bet for EMUs of the Nintendo Sorts would be VHBL or Rejuvenate?
Correct.
SpiderByt3s wrote: If I wanted a "bubble" for each emulator is that possible with either of these?
There is no public method for bubbles on firmware 3.51.

Return to “Support”