Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Open] PSTV 3.20 hangs on TNV11 Numblast [EU]

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
martee

[Open] PSTV 3.20 hangs on TNV11 Numblast [EU]

Post by martee » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:59 pm

I've bought PSTV 3.20, activated it and then I inserted memory card from my Vita 3.18 with GoSudoku (TNV-10), Numblast (TNV-11) and Sports Superbike 2 (TN-X) exploits all properly working on Vita. GoSudoku's and Superbike 2's exploits work but Numblast doesn't on PSTV . I want Numblast's exploit because of its launching simplicity and because TNV-11 allows transfer eboots without renaming them to fboots (don't know what it mean but I like it :)
I see Numblast is able to load exploit and boot recovery menu if I hold right trigger but when exit to vsh the console hangs, not like in Vita when all goes well. I tried to install 6.60 OFW from recovery but still no luck.
So the question is why it works on the Vita 3.18 but doesn't on PSTV 3.20 and is there any way to solve this issue?
Advertising

reprep

Re: [Open] PSTV 3.20 hangs on TNV11 Numblast [EU]

Post by reprep » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:34 am

martee wrote:TNV-11 allows transfer eboots without renaming them to fboots
Let me explain it. TN-V10 uses FBOOT.PBP instead of EBOOT.PBP due to the restrictions. Normally this doesn't affect much as it all happens in background. You copy the EBOOT.PBP from your PC to Vita, it magically transforms to FBOOT.PBP in your vita and you can boot the game.

But, if you have a PSP and you adhoc transfer your games between your PSP and Vita, this will cause problems. When you transfer your game from Vita to PSP, the FBOOT.PBP will be copied. CFWs on your PSP will have no idea what an FBOOT.PBP is, so your game will be shown as corrupted unless you manually rename the FBOOT.PBP to EBOOT.PBP back. But as soon as you transfer a game from PSP or PC to your Vita, your EBOOT.PBP's will be renamed back to FBOOT.PBP automatically and it is all manual renaming again if you want to use the game on PSP. Grrr.

As TN-V11 gets around the "EBOOT.PBP" restriction, it doesn't auto-convert EBOOT.PBP files to FBOOT.PBP, it leaves them as they are so it isn't a mess anymore to manage your games in multiple devices. All work fine.

That is the only reason i updated from TN-V10 to TN-V11.
Advertising

martee

Post by martee » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:27 pm

Thank you for the explanation, I've always felе that getting eboot at the destination is worth to move from 10 to 11, there remains only to find out how to get it working on PSTV 3.20

Vita90

Post by Vita90 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:59 pm

I'm not an expert on this but seems like if you want to use TN-V11 of Numblast you'll need to update to OFW 3.36 @ http://zload.net/v2/archives/vita/

The lowest exploit save there is is for OFW 3.01 (TN-V9) and you have 3.20, so who knows, give it a try.
reprep wrote:
martee wrote:TNV-11 allows transfer eboots without renaming them to fboots
Let me explain it. TN-V10 uses FBOOT.PBP instead of EBOOT.PBP due to the restrictions. Normally this doesn't affect much as it all happens in background. You copy the EBOOT.PBP from your PC to Vita, it magically transforms to FBOOT.PBP in your vita and you can boot the game.

But, if you have a PSP and you adhoc transfer your games between your PSP and Vita, this will cause problems. When you transfer your game from Vita to PSP, the FBOOT.PBP will be copied. CFWs on your PSP will have no idea what an FBOOT.PBP is, so your game will be shown as corrupted unless you manually rename the FBOOT.PBP to EBOOT.PBP back. But as soon as you transfer a game from PSP or PC to your Vita, your EBOOT.PBP's will be renamed back to FBOOT.PBP automatically and it is all manual renaming again if you want to use the game on PSP. Grrr.

As TN-V11 gets around the "EBOOT.PBP" restriction, it doesn't auto-convert EBOOT.PBP files to FBOOT.PBP, it leaves them as they are so it isn't a mess anymore to manage your games in multiple devices. All work fine.

That is the only reason i updated from TN-V10 to TN-V11.
So this is the only difference between V10 and V11? Good to know because I was wondering if V11 was any better but since I'm the sole user then it doesn't really matter. I'll stick to V10 as it seems perfectly fine for me. :)
  • PSTV w/3.20 OFW - Original 16GB
  • PSTV w/3.20 OFW - Original 64GB
  • PS3 w/4.70 OFW - Original 60GB
[Tutorial] Sega CD Games With Audio on PSP/PSTV/Vita
[Service] Install eCFW/PS1 Exploitable Games (3.18/3.20) in UK

iCEQB

Post by iCEQB » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:35 pm

Hi,

I had (and still have!) the same problem, I described everything I could find here:

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=43265

There seems to be a problem with all available 3.18 and 3.36 exploits and the firmware 3.20.
I had to use this bubble here (and EXACTLY only this bubble), to get anything to work:

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=41122

So the loader within the TNV.ISO does something on 3.20 that all the different H.BINs don't do.

I contacted qwikrazor about this issue, but he currently has no idea what it might be and on top of that he doesn't have internet right now.

martee

Post by martee » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:51 pm

Vita90 wrote:I'm not an expert on this but seems like if you want to use TN-V11 of Numblast you'll need to update to OFW 3.36 @ http://zload.net/v2/archives/vita/
I have TNV11 working on my Vita 3.18 as I said.

Vita90

Post by Vita90 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:37 pm

martee wrote:
Vita90 wrote:I'm not an expert on this but seems like if you want to use TN-V11 of Numblast you'll need to update to OFW 3.36 @ http://zload.net/v2/archives/vita/
Sorry bud, that's as much as I know. :-/
  • PSTV w/3.20 OFW - Original 16GB
  • PSTV w/3.20 OFW - Original 64GB
  • PS3 w/4.70 OFW - Original 60GB
[Tutorial] Sega CD Games With Audio on PSP/PSTV/Vita
[Service] Install eCFW/PS1 Exploitable Games (3.18/3.20) in UK

iCEQB

Post by iCEQB » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:47 pm

martee wrote:
What game are you exploiting?

martee

Post by martee » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:59 pm

iCEQB wrote:What game are you exploiting?
I have some additions to your heroic path. As I said, there are two ePSP exploits installed on my PSTV: GoSudoku TNV10 (working) and Numblast TNV11 (non-working) so PSP eFirmware is set up via GoSudoku. And my Vita with another memorycard has the same exploits installed but TNV11 is working on it. I set two FTP connections at the same time - one to the Vita and another to the PSTV from my PC and copy the 'flash' folder directly from Vita over the same folder on PSTV with overwriting files. But it didn't help, TNV11 didn't start XMB (but TNV10 did).
And for people saying that Numblast may be incompatible with PSTV 3.20 - I tried to delete exploit savedata folder for Numblast, after that Numblast runs and works perfectly (as a game) so it's not the case.
The last thing I want to do is make full backup of Vita's memory card via OCMA, insert PSTV's mc to the Vita, format it (because of Vita's lowest firmware), restore backup on it, insert it to PSTV and... give up, I think it won't work anyway.
To give a clear answer: I have Numblast TNV11 and GoSudoku TNV10 at the same time both working on my Vita 3.18, the first brings me to TNV11 and the second to TNV10

martee

Post by martee » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:21 pm

It partially remembers me PSX exploit when Sports Superbike 2 loaded a few PSX games on 3.01 and the same exploit allows now to run almost (if not all) every game on 3.18 so may be there's some more differences between 3.18 and 3.20 than we thought.

Return to “Support”