Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[SOLVED]Is It worth the wait?

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
Fangeh

[SOLVED]Is It worth the wait?

Post by Fangeh » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:11 am

Alright so right now i'm on 3.51 and I can't access the PSN store to get games ect. I've been considering just updating so I can buy vita games but I don't wanna miss out on homebrew and emulators and I don't even know if rejuvenate will be successful so im kinda backed in to a corner and wondering if I should either update or wait either way I feel like I wil regret it in the end :/
Advertising
Last edited by Fangeh on Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

ALCAPOWNED

Re: Is It worth the wait?

Post by ALCAPOWNED » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:17 am

Dat decisiveness. Consider the followingz, you can't "lose" psn access, you just update whenever you want and its ready. I can gaurantee at most you'll get a n64 emulator, dreamcast emulator and some sort of pc-streaming thing. There are like....so few peeps on this compared to the psp scene.
Advertising

Kengetsu

Post by Kengetsu » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:24 am

Depends on how you personally feel. I was running v3.51 and had the Rejuvenate PoC installed but in the end decided(mostly since the flash sale on PSN) that I would rather have online access, the ability to play new games(if any ever get made,) and just play the Vita for what it is. Sure the homebrew and emulators would be nice to have but as it stands right now there really isn't much there for us end users to play and enjoy. So my recommendation is that you either buy another PS Vita to keep fully updated and to have fun with now and use the current one as a paper weight til homebrew and emulator stuff gets going(probably looking at a couple of months if things continue going well,) or your other option is to do as I have done, take the Vita update it to the latest and just play it for what it's worth now instead of holding it back now for what it could potentially be.

Fangeh

Post by Fangeh » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:31 am

The option of buying a second vita is completely out of the question sadly. at this point i'm wondering if getting a psp and just updating my vita would be the same thing? but then I question the quality of the homebrews compared to the psp as the vita is more powerful this is the only thing holding me back as I have a psp with CFW.

stoneskull

Post by stoneskull » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:43 am

i'm the same as you, but as said, whenever i do update, psn'll be waiting for me.

i've been having a bit of fun with the psm studio, there are some good c# tutorials around..
you can make your own little programs on there.

the new ps plus games are going to be hard to ignore but they'll stay up for a few weeks.

yeah, the vita is more powerful than psp, but so is a smart phone these days.

and finally, i have my psp completely hacked and it gathers dust..
it's quite conflicting..
PSP 2000v1 6.60ME + PRO
Vita 1000WiFi 3.60 + HENkaku

Fangeh

Post by Fangeh » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:20 am

Alright I Guess i'll just wait then I can buy games in cartridge form anyway so I can somewhat have the best of both in due time.

adi1adit12

Re: [SOLVED]Is It worth the wait?

Post by adi1adit12 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:43 pm

get a ps3 with a broken blu ray and use it to transfer anything from PSN

weegee

Post by weegee » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:29 pm

Yeah I've done the same because for a numerous amount of reasons

1.) I have PS+ so I don't want to miss out on some of these games
2.) There's probably going to be another exploit soon (When it happens, it happens)
3.) All in all, I still have my CFW PSPGo should I need to play things like emulators on the go.

internally-Blazed

Post by internally-Blazed » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:44 am

Right now I've purchased or already have downloaded every vita game that I want to play (yet to play any). If I need something in the future I pln to buy a cartridge and hope its not got an update on it.

My only concern is my PS plus games will expire even though I'd have bought a new subscription.
Im a dragon in the scene. I've modded everything i can get my hands on :)

Learning C for the vita :)

stoneskull

Post by stoneskull » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:52 am

they don't expire.. even if you stop subscribing and then subscribe again later on, they're there.

you can use a computer to claim new ps plus games too.

the last couple of days i realised how PSN is like a drug.. a few days without it was like withdrawal, with strong cravings.. but then it got easier.
PSP 2000v1 6.60ME + PRO
Vita 1000WiFi 3.60 + HENkaku

Return to “Support”