Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[OPEN] Installing DRM-free applications with EML generator

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
yatto

Re: How do I install DRM-free applications with the EML gene

Post by yatto » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:50 pm

Hello !
I tried, as gullible as I am, to put some eboot that I signed with fake_np or sign_np in replacement of an existing PSP eboot in my Vita, through the EML File Generator. Precisely, I tried to put the EBOOT.PBP of ARK-2 and VitaFTP, so that the eboot would replace the one of Numblast.
(So I made these eboot with their respective ISO, and I signed them with the eboot of Numblast)
I didn't forget to copy to the memory card the folder ARK_12345 which is then launched by the ARK-2 eboot (the classic "bubble" method)

And, of course, it doesn't work (otherwise I would have made a whole thread to express my joy.

So I put my ark-2 eboot in ux0:pspemu/PSP/GAME/NPEG00011/EBOOT.PBP (that's the path I entered in the EML File Gen).
This is what I got :

1 - in the content manager of the Vita, Numblast is replaced by "ARK-2", the name and the icon.
2 - When I launch the Numblast bubble, i get "This file is corrupted". That's all.
3 - When I rebuild the database, the Numblast bubble disappears. The "ARK-2' icon/"game" is still visible in the content manager on the Vita. Since I cannot do anything with it, I delete it...

Do you have any idea if it's possible to make it work ? I got the same results with VitaFTP when I try to sign it with fake_np or sign_np. But if I try to put the VitaFTP eboot directly (the kind of eboot you find in an INSTALL package ;) ), instead of "The file is corrupted", I get "Download the game again from the PS Store". Not the same error.

I also wanted to send the whole ARK_12345 folder into the Numblast folder, but with the EML I have to send each file separately, and if the VitaFTP didn't work, I don't think this trick would work either.

So : ideas ? Some things to make PSP Eboot work ?
Advertising

Xana

Post by Xana » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:06 pm

yatto wrote:Hello !
I tried, as gullible as I am, to put some eboot that I signed with fake_np or sign_np in replacement of an existing PSP eboot in my Vita, through the EML File Generator. Precisely, I tried to put the EBOOT.PBP of ARK-2 and VitaFTP, so that the eboot would replace the one of Numblast.
(So I made these eboot with their respective ISO, and I signed them with the eboot of Numblast)
I didn't forget to copy to the memory card the folder ARK_12345 which is then launched by the ARK-2 eboot (the classic "bubble" method)

And, of course, it doesn't work (otherwise I would have made a whole thread to express my joy.

So I put my ark-2 eboot in ux0:pspemu/PSP/GAME/NPEG00011/EBOOT.PBP (that's the path I entered in the EML File Gen).
This is what I got :

1 - in the content manager of the Vita, Numblast is replaced by "ARK-2", the name and the icon.
2 - When I launch the Numblast bubble, i get "This file is corrupted". That's all.
3 - When I rebuild the database, the Numblast bubble disappears. The "ARK-2' icon/"game" is still visible in the content manager on the Vita. Since I cannot do anything with it, I delete it...

Do you have any idea if it's possible to make it work ? I got the same results with VitaFTP when I try to sign it with fake_np or sign_np. But if I try to put the VitaFTP eboot directly (the kind of eboot you find in an INSTALL package ;) ), instead of "The file is corrupted", I get "Download the game again from the PS Store". Not the same error.

I also wanted to send the whole ARK_12345 folder into the Numblast folder, but with the EML I have to send each file separately, and if the VitaFTP didn't work, I don't think this trick would work either.

So : ideas ? Some things to make PSP Eboot work ?
In short: What you're doing is no different than using PSPFiler to overwrite an EBOOT.PBP from within VHBL. If it were that easy, it would have happened a long time ago.
There's a (hidden) file called __sce_ebootpbp that contains verifying information that we cannot (publicly) generate. When the information in this file doesn't match in information in the EBOOT, you get the file is corrupted error.
You would need a way to generate that file in order to make this work.

The "download it again" error is likely due to it failing the signature check/license check. I suppose that happens before the __sce_ebootpbp check.
Advertising

Xana

Post by Xana » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:08 pm

mr.gas wrote:try this and place the content in PCSI00009
https://www.dropbox.com/s/omrbuox661f7a ... 6.zip?dl=0
what are those files in the sce_sys directory?

mr.gas
Guru

Post by mr.gas » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:01 am

Xana wrote:
mr.gas wrote:try this and place the content in PCSI00009
https://www.dropbox.com/s/omrbuox661f7a ... 6.zip?dl=0
what are those files in the sce_sys directory?
work.bin = license file
head.bin = pkg header
body.bin = size of pkg files
stat.bin = I think hold some hashes
tail.bin = the footer of the pkg

scarfaceguns93

Post by scarfaceguns93 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:55 am

Just thought i would share my find but first thanks for the netflix pkg installer! if anyone wants to use it without updating i have confirmed that by using vita update blocker, after the "could not connect to server" error occurs with the error message after the second attempt without clicking ok, switch off the update blocker and netflix should load up perfectly.

Kankertje

Post by Kankertje » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:06 am

Xana wrote: In short: What you're doing is no different than using PSPFiler to overwrite an EBOOT.PBP from within VHBL. If it were that easy, it would have happened a long time ago.
There's a (hidden) file called __sce_ebootpbp that contains verifying information that we cannot (publicly) generate. When the information in this file doesn't match in information in the EBOOT, you get the file is corrupted error.
You would need a way to generate that file in order to make this work.

The "download it again" error is likely due to it failing the signature check/license check. I suppose that happens before the __sce_ebootpbp check.
Im pretty sure the __sce_ebootpbp check happens first, then it checks the license.
Without valid __sce_ebootpbp it wont appear on live area*.
Without valid license for current account it wont run.

For example, I found way to install any psp game pkg, which generates valid __sce_ebootpbp, but you still need license to run it.

*After rebuilding database.

glas

Post by glas » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:59 pm

welp i tried this method, step by step but when i restart vita, the update download is as "paused" not as "error" so i click it and nothing happens =(
Twitter: @_brandNEWdays
PSN ID: DJ_Tomato

VitaLingGM

Post by VitaLingGM » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:29 pm

Freakler wrote:
hulish wrote:would it be possible to install netflix with this method?
Here is a Netlix Installer via MrGas's and tomtom's trick: :)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/d09up ... taller.rar
The link is not a package (pkg) file. I'm not sure what to do with it. I am on 3.18 and want to install Netflix. Thanks.

VitaLingGM

Post by VitaLingGM » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:20 pm

scarfaceguns93 wrote:Just thought i would share my find but first thanks for the netflix pkg installer! if anyone wants to use it without updating i have confirmed that by using vita update blocker, after the "could not connect to server" error occurs with the error message after the second attempt without clicking ok, switch off the update blocker and netflix should load up perfectly.
Is this as good as it gets? For me, this is really not useful. I have fooled around to try and get his working, but no joy. Similar results with Facebook. Both are installed, but I get the 'could not connect' errors with both apps.

Return to “Support”