Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[OPEN] Is it still possible to get the dev assist app on my

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
Varia

[OPEN] Is it still possible to get the dev assist app on my

Post by Varia »

Hello.
I was a little late on getting this, was too busy the last few days.
I've signed to PSM, but never got the approval.

When I went to the Playstation store on my account, I found the Dev assist app on my download list, so I added it to the download que. It says that it will download to the Vita the next time I turn it on.

So if I update my Vita to the latest version (I'm on 3.18 currently), will I be able to download it and use whatever yifanlu is working on in the future?
Also do I need to download something else too?
Advertising
smithsf0x

Re: [OPEN] Is it still possible to get the dev assist app on

Post by smithsf0x »

Hi,
yes you should be able to download the PSM Dev App via the newest FW.
But you should try to get it on 3.18; either via a PS3 (that has PSN access of course) or a PS Vita with the newest Firmware installed. Just search a bit on /talk and you will find some detailed tutorial/description for the one or the other way.

Hope it helps : )
Advertising
hahahi123

Post by hahahi123 »

i'm on FW 3.36 for my Vita. Which method do i use to get this app in my Vita? A direct link would be much appreciated. Thank you
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

hahahi123 wrote:i'm on FW 3.36 for my Vita. Which method do i use to get this app in my Vita? A direct link would be much appreciated. Thank you
Look literally one post above yours, change 3.18 to 3.36 and there's your answer... Those are your only two options.
Varia

Post by Varia »

smithsf0x wrote:Hi,
But you should try to get it on 3.18; either via a PS3 (that has PSN access of course) or a PS Vita with the newest Firmware installed. Just search a bit on /talk and you will find some detailed tutorial/description for the one or the other way.

Thanks a lot. Unfortunately I don't have a PS3, nor do I know anyone that has one or a Vita.

Do I need to download anything else except for the dev assist?
Like the SDK?
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

Varia wrote:
smithsf0x wrote:Hi,

Thanks a lot. Unfortunately I don't have a PS3, nor do I know anyone that has one or a Vita.

Do I need to download anything else except for the dev assist?
Like the SDK?
Then your only option is to update to the most recent firmware in order to download it. And yes you need the SDK, refer to the directions as they were very clear what all needs to be done: http://yifan.lu/2015/05/07/you-should-register-for-psm/

Return to “Support”