Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Dragon Warrior VII on Vita?

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
werewolfslayr925

Dragon Warrior VII on Vita?

Post by werewolfslayr925 »

I have been looking into this for the past few days, browsing various forums, asking around on Discord and so on.

I recently acquired a copy of Dragon Warrior VII and ripped the discs. I've gotten the game booted up on Adrenaline just fine, but, like many before me, got the dreaded textless menus.

Some seem to have gotten the game working just fine. Others seem to have trouble with the game freezing when using certain special attacks. I've even encountered someone who told me there is a version of the game (an EBOOT, perhaps?) that works without any problems whatsoever.

Others have suggested that the game can be played in RetroArch somehow. Unfortunately, when I try to load the ReARMed core for PSX games in RetroArch, RetroArch crashes and tells me that there is no BIOS and can't load the game.

Ultimately, what I'm trying to do is play the game on my Vita. How can this be done? Is there a magical EBOOT somewhere that works without flaw? Is POPSLoader absolutely necessary for getting the game to work? If so, how would I load the correct POPS into Adrenaline? Can the game work in the Vita's version of RetroArch? If so, how do I resolve the missing BIOS problem?

Thank you in advance for your help!
Advertising
dmaskell92

Re: Dragon Warrior VII on Vita?

Post by dmaskell92 »

Let me try the ID swap that works for Digimon world 3.

If it doesn't work then you can find a PSX Bios (Providing it to you is illegal so you're on your own there) and I can help you drop it into the correct directory on retroarch

-Edit

Moving Game to my Vita now for a test.

-Edit

ID fix didn't work. Find the PSX Bios (SCPH5501.BIN) and drop it into:
ux0:data/retroarch/system/

Good luck, also don't forget Retroarch uses bin/cue PSX rips and Eboot conversion is not necessary.
Advertising
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD

Return to “Support”