Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[SOLVED] Do Hex Editing values of Decrypted Eboot.bin for modding differ according to the region version of game(s)?

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
Gensosuikoden

[SOLVED] Do Hex Editing values of Decrypted Eboot.bin for modding differ according to the region version of game(s)?

Post by Gensosuikoden »

I have tried editing my own legit purchased digital versions of Gravity Rush, Borderlands 2 and Dead or Alive 5+.
The values quoted for search and hex-editing of eboot.bin (decrypted or otherwise) in forums tend to reference US versions of those games (if region version is even mentioned at all). I have been unable to find the quoted values for editing in any of my game or patch eboot.bins for those titles via HxD editor. I have tried both encrypted and decrypted, no joy.

I therefore wonder if it's probably because the hex values necessary for editing differ between versions of the same game according to region.
I would very much appreciate if someone could confirm or refute.

Many thanks.
Advertising
Last edited by Gensosuikoden on Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: [OPEN] Do Hex Editing values of Decrypted Eboot.bin for modding differ according to the region version of game(s)?

Post by fate6 »

Yes they can very depending on region, I have seen some patches made for one region work on another since the values and addresses are the same but I guess in your case they are different so you would need to find whatever the address is in your regions game.
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

Return to “Support”