You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
#419481 by alex2003super
Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:35 pm
So I just read the article on Wololo saying that Sony deletes your activation if you spoof PSN on Henkaku and I got scared, considering that you cannot restore the activation. I hadn't used my PSTV for a long time, but today I unplugged the Ethernet cable, turned it on and now I'd like to back my activation data up. Problem is: I need to connect to Henkaku site to re-enable VitaShell (I don't have Enzo yet), but as soon as I do it, I'm afraid my Vita will log into PSN and delete the activation data. So how do I remove PSN account safely before proceeding with Henkaku launch and activation backup?
Advertising
#419493 by dmaskell92
Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:27 am
alex2003super wrote:So I just read the article on Wololo saying that Sony deletes your activation if you spoof PSN on Henkaku and I got scared, considering that you cannot restore the activation.

There is only risk of deleting your activation if you attempt to download a legit game, app, or demo from the PSN.

alex2003super wrote:I hadn't used my PSTV for a long time, but today I unplugged the Ethernet cable, turned it on and now I'd like to back my activation data up. Problem is: I need to connect to Henkaku site to re-enable VitaShell (I don't have Enzo yet), but as soon as I do it, I'm afraid my Vita will log into PSN and delete the activation data.

Running Henkaku to install the Enso VPK does not require PSN, the web browser will never ask you to sign into PSN.

alex2003super wrote:So how do I remove PSN account safely before proceeding with Henkaku launch and activation backup?

1). Connect your device to the internet.
2). Open the web browser, and install Henkaku.
3). Open settings and enable unsafe homebrew.
4). Open molecular shell and backup the following files

Activation files
tm0:/npdrm/act.dat
vd0:/registry/system.dreg
vd0:/registry/system.ireg
ur0:/user/00/np/myprofile.dat
Back them up to a USB stick or something, you can't get them from Sony again.
5). Download the Enso VPK with your PC, transfer it with FTP or USB, and install it.

Notice how I didn't tell you to delete your PSN info? You don't have to, just don't try to download any games or apps from the PSN. Even if you do it doesn't matter because you backed up your activation.

If you want you can hide the PSN app with System Apps Disabler. I can personally say I've used it to hide (and restore) a hand-full of useless apps.
Advertising
#419558 by alex2003super
Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:51 pm
Thank you very much! :)

Also, if I decide for any reason to reset the PSTV and initialize the memory card (to start anew) after having backed up the act. files, will they still work provided I restore the activation files backup?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests