Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Install VitaDefiler in PSTV (Smoke Method)

The PlayStation Mobile SDK and Unity for PlayStation Mobile can be downloaded here: http://www.playstation.com/psm/
X-death

Install VitaDefiler in PSTV (Smoke Method)

Post by X-death »

Hi,
I have a PSTV in 3.51 and i have installed the PSM Unity ( thanks for the Mr Gas tricks).
Now i want to test Rejuvenate so i must install the Vitadefiler client in my Unity Apps.

I have only one PSTV and no vita so i have tested the Smoke's method:
https://twitter.com/SMOKE587/status/630045422116061184

but that don't works :(
when i reboot my pstv and resume the update the size of the update change to 5Mb but can't download it.
i have tested 4 times.

did someone have sucessfully install Defiler with that way ?
Maybe i must do something before testing that ?
Advertising
Playstation TV PSNOVA JAP 3.60 Henkaku
Rickyvonc

Re: Install VitaDefiler in PSTV (Smoke Method)

Post by Rickyvonc »

Hi, i have a pstv 3.36 and runing rejuvenate, my english is not good so cant explain, but this method is working, search for a Device ID ( i used a device id, from a youtube video)
some times qcma dont copy the vitadefiler complete, try again.
Advertising
atreyu187

Post by atreyu187 »

Files have been removed. Anyone care to share a link? Open or private.
ruyor
Retired Mod

Post by ruyor »

PCH-1001 - 3.60 - VHBL+PBubbles+HENkaku
PCH-1001 - 3.60 - VHBL+PBubbles+HENkaku
VTE-1001 - 3.60 - VHBL+PBubbles+HENkaku
My PSPs
01g:TA-079v1
01g:TA-086
02g:TA-085v1
02g:TA-085v2
04g:TA-093
09g:TA-095
05g:TA-091
atreyu187

Post by atreyu187 »

Thanks now to find a device ID somehow. Hope I can find the one you did on youtube LOL
X-death

Post by X-death »

Ok i have solved the problem.
here is the way i use ;) :

1)For the PSTV device ID you can use any 17 numbers code for generating the liscence file PSM+.

2)After that start by a fresh install of the PSM for unity client ( i have formatted my memory card and backuped my PSM unity APP) and don't launch it :

3) First do the first EML Tricks with the 4 elements in the first mail
Turn off internet connection and restart PSTV.

4) Launch the dev assistant it will tell you a network error press ok and close the app

5)Re-enable wifi and do the last EML tricks with the 2 file and launch the Unity APP.

At this step you must have no update message and it will display "no content installed" .
If not you must format your memory card and restart from the beginning.

6) Install Vitadefiler with smoke method --> bit.ly/1VEeb9J
use QCMA for transfer the file ( the CMA must show the correct size file 432 Ko and not 5Ko ).
Make sure you have no notifications and are not downloading anything and Rebuild the Database

7) do the update tricks and launch Unity app , at this point the app show me " Developper Liscence could not be confirmed"

8) Do the PSM+ once again and load Unity app it will now display the 2 applications :
"0000 "app" and "VitaDefilerClient" you can delete 0000
but when you launch Defielr it will show the Error
"failed the authentication to execute [the] application. Please re-create a Device Seed and App Key using...Unity Editor or Publishing Utility for Unity."

9) Just Close the App and Rebuild the database

10) It's all good now Ouf ! :mrgreen:

Thanks to Major Tom for help and telling me i can use any 17 numbers for PSTV liscence
JustMulti for the Seed Fix -> viewtopic.php?f=113&t=43858
sakao and kingknuts for the Liscence Fix -> viewtopic.php?p=395335
atreyu187

Post by atreyu187 »

Sweet now does anyone know of any Vita games off PSN that are free that have updates? I purchased Freedom Wars as I knew it had updates but not via the Live area and was told Ultimate MVC3 had an update but it doesn't and Soul Sacrifice Delta updates auto after QCMA transfer.
X-death

Post by X-death »

You could try the PSM Update in the System Playstation mobile.
atreyu187

Post by atreyu187 »

Anyone got the latest release of this with the new local db file to fix the size error?
noabody

Post by noabody »

I've been struggling with the process on PSTV 3.30 because I don't have any apps or games with an update.

I have a PS3, PC and PSTV all on same wired LAN.
I have to proxy the PSTV through vitaupdateblocker to use the content manager (CMA).
The PS3 must be signed on to PSN for PSTV CMA to work.
App updates aren't visible while I'm using the proxy, so it has to be toggled on and off.

When I download a Vita app through PSN on the PS3, it gets the base app without update.
When I use CMA to transfer the app from PS3 to PSTV an on demand connection is initiated between the PS3 and PSN to find, download, and forward updates to the PSTV prior to the base app transfer.
The update is applied at the same time the app is installed on the PSTV so it can no longer be updated.

I installed SKFU Pr0xy 3.0.3 on PC using port 8081. Vitaupdateblocker is on 8080. After downloading the app on PS3, I reconfigured the internet through Pr0xy. The PSTV continues to use vitupdateblocker on same computer.
With this configuration, CMA on the PSTV connects to the PS3 and can access locally stored Vita base app but it never downloads the update.
When I stop using the vitaupdateblocker on PSTV, the app now has an update icon and I can follow the tutorial.

Before using Pr0xy for PS3, I downloaded many apps/games through PSN-PS3 to PSTV. Sometimes it showed installing updates. When I transfer apps from PSTV to PC with QCMA, the backup manager says [UPDATE] on some and they have sub-directory called "patch". These apps I download again with PS3 using Pr0xy so package can be sent to PSTV without update.

Note:
If PSTV has wired and wireless connections, can configure LAN to use proxy for CMA and wifi without for updates and Unity. Much easier to switch network adapters than change Use Proxy settings on PSTV.

Return to “PSM & PSM Unity”