Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSM Dev App or Unity?

The PlayStation Mobile SDK and Unity for PlayStation Mobile can be downloaded here: http://www.playstation.com/psm/
O-bake

PSM Dev App or Unity?

Post by O-bake »

Hi there,
I was quite happy when the rejuvenate hack was revealed and, of course, I wanted to be prepared.
In several statements it was emphasized that you only need a dev account and the PSM Dev App installed on your vita (I am on 3.51 and that is all you need.

Now I browse through the forum and read something about a PSM Dev App for Unity that also has to be installed on your vita. Can anybody please explain this? I tried to install it, but obviously the Vita won't let me, as it needs the store, which I cannot access anymore with 3.51.
Is there a workaround to get this app and is it important anyways?
Advertising
Xana

Re: PSM Dev App or Unity?

Post by Xana »

O-bake wrote:Hi there,
I was quite happy when the rejuvenate hack was revealed and, of course, I wanted to be prepared.
In several statements it was emphasized that you only need a dev account and the PSM Dev App installed on your vita (I am on 3.51 and that is all you need.

Now I browse through the forum and read something about a PSM Dev App for Unity that also has to be installed on your vita. Can anybody please explain this? I tried to install it, but obviously the Vita won't let me, as it needs the store, which I cannot access anymore with 3.51.
PSM dev app for Unity has the same vunerability as the normal one, but is DRM-free (dont need a dev license and can be installed on PSTV), and can also be exploited over WiFi (makes exploiting on the go a bigger possibility). However, Rejuvenate for Unity isn't finished yet.

It's an either/or situation right now, but Unity will (probably) provide more options in the future. There was an article yesterday about installing PSM for Unity on 3.20+ (3.20 and lower can use the PKG installer)
Advertising
awes

Post by awes »

Xana wrote:
O-bake wrote:Hi there,

PSM dev app for Unity has the same vunerability as the normal one, but is DRM-free (dont need a dev license and can be installed on PSTV), and can also be exploited over WiFi (makes exploiting on the go a bigger possibility). However, Rejuvenate for Unity isn't finished yet.

It's an either/or situation right now, but Unity will (probably) provide more options in the future. There was an article yesterday about installing PSM for Unity on 3.20+ (3.20 and lower can use the PKG installer)
Does this mean that the main difference is,
that with psm for unity we won't need to always get new licenses from psm+ when we open the psm dev app to use it?
zeest

Post by zeest »

No, that will still be required. However, when you run a homebrew app instead of having to plug in your vita, it can be done via wifi.

Return to “PSM & PSM Unity”