Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Question] Getting PSM to work on lower device firmware

The PlayStation Mobile SDK and Unity for PlayStation Mobile can be downloaded here: http://www.playstation.com/psm/
HarmfulMushroom

[Question] Getting PSM to work on lower device firmware

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

So I looked around for similar threads but I don't see one asking my question (unless I'm just blind which is definitely possible...). Would it be possible if I updated my PS TV to 3.50 to get the PSM application downloaded and set up, could I then back that application up to my PC and restore it onto my 3.18 PS Vita? Both devices are linked with the same account so accounts isn't going to be an issue.

Just wanted to try and get a confirmation before I actually attempted this as I do not want to update unless I have to.. Thanks in advanced.

Sorry for contributing to the huge influx of "omg how to set up PSM I'm a noob" threads.....
Advertising
Tricky

Re: [Question] Getting PSM to work on lower device firmware

Post by Tricky »

Yifanlu said on GBATemp that CMA probably wouldn't work, since it blocked a different app which he tried that with. Only way I can see it maybe working is if you make a backup onto a PS3/4 after going through all the steps.
Advertising
HarmfulMushroom

Tricky wrote:Yifanlu said on GBATemp that CMA probably wouldn't work, since it blocked a different app which he tried that with. Only way I can see it maybe working is if you make a backup onto a PS3/4 after going through all the steps.
Thank you for the response and sorry for my late reply. Well that is a bummer, I'll have to look for a second hand Vita as well then to add to my collection since I've heard a PS TV will not work.
rafael707

Post by rafael707 »

BUT would it work if I used a regular 3.50 vita instead of a tv?
Add me, I got a ps4 ;)

IRC
#pspcommunity
#vitadev

PS4/PS VITA IGN: raff_da_don
HarmfulMushroom

rafael707 wrote:BUT would it work if I used a regular 3.50 vita instead of a tv?
Yes that will work. In the end I bought a new Vita and updated my current Vita to 3.50. If you're trying to get it on a Vita with 3.18 just back the PSM Dev app up using qcma/cma, restore it onto your 3.18 Vita, download any of the PSM Dev 1.14 .pkg's posted all over here and use package installer to install it.
rafael707

Post by rafael707 »

Thanks for clarifying, how do I use the package installer method to push the update files? Sorry its been a while for me..
Add me, I got a ps4 ;)

IRC
#pspcommunity
#vitadev

PS4/PS VITA IGN: raff_da_don
HarmfulMushroom

rafael707 wrote:Thanks for clarifying, how do I use the package installer method to push the update files? Sorry its been a while for me..
Either use vitasploit or do it through the email application. Wololo made it easy if you just google package installer wololo, it'll send an email to you.

Return to “PSM & PSM Unity”