Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Wololo site comments seem to be broken for me

Wizigard

Wololo site comments seem to be broken for me

Post by Wizigard »

Hello

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but since site's update way long ago I have kind of love/hate relationship with this page.

1. It seems that whenever I post comments here, they take very long to show up or don't show up at all which tends to be upsetting.Few moments ago I was reminded of this again. My comment was posted but disappeared and I'm not sure if it'll be ever shown again.

2. After finding comment I disagreed with I decided to reply to said person. Interestingly, by posting reply I was able to acquire their email and name (it showed in comment credentials of my reply before I posted it for some reason). Per my mistake I didn't check this and posted new reply by using said persons credentials. Such strange glitches also occured before.

3. Poor performance of the page, ads mess up page. The page is quite slow for me but it has been like this for several years for me - since the faithful update long ago. (I always chuckle a bit though when I remember how some people used to say the page's gona be more "phone friendly" and "cleaner").

4. I miss the goblin thingy that used to be on front page :(.

This is kind of comment I should have posted somewhere long ago but I was usueally too upset to make it coherent. I also recall wololo making posts about comment issue but it seems to persist still.
Advertising
dmaskell92

Re: Wololo site comments seem to be broken for me

Post by dmaskell92 »

The front page comment section goes through a moderation process. It takes some time for verification to clear, and it sometimes never does. This doesn't mean your comment was offensive it just means the Admins never got around to verifying it.

Although with some of the troll posts on the homepage I don't truly understand how verification works. It's most likely random, or there are key words that prompt a verification.
Advertising
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

The front page/blog is a mess and sadly no one on the forum side has any access to it.
Could always try sending wololo a PM about it I guess.

And yea I think its keywords or IP's or some such that trigger it.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
d@rk51d3

Post by d@rk51d3 »

Oh, to wield the mighty banhammer. :)
Darth Agnon

Post by Darth Agnon »

3. Poor performance of the page, ads mess up page. The page is quite slow for me but it has been like this for several years for me - since the faithful update long ago. (I always chuckle a bit though when I remember how some people used to say the page's gona be more "phone friendly" and "cleaner").
The forum revamp was "phone friendly" for a while, before the recent change to the generic phpBB forum layout. I didn't like it in the beginning, but I miss it, now that it's gone.

The website has gone downhill, too, since wololo started using Ezoic (the cause of the random layouts and probably the source of many of the ads). I guess something needs to keep the site afloat, and, cause Ezoic pushes more ads, gives more revenue. Dunno if there's a solution. I use an adblocker; wish I could whitelist wololo.net (I did for a while, after it changed to the "modern" homepage, but before Ezoic), but now it's unusable without.

Maybe some possible alternatives wololo could look into?, in place of messy ads/Ezoic:
- a donation system, like https://inputmapper.com/ uses, maybe linked to Patreon, with "highscores" of donators and a donation target bar (obviously set slightly higher than the minimum needed)
- opt-in CPU mining, e.g. Monero, as used on the fitgirl game repacks website (some russian game repacker)
- ads, but in an organized bar only, down the side of pages (e.g. the forum and homepage don't use much in the way of horizontal screen real estate on PCs): would give ads in an expected place, and always in view of the readers (more valuable ads?)
4. I miss the goblin thingy that used to be on front page :(.
I miss him, too - the Wagic Storekeeper. :cry: the old wololo homepage was the best and the phone friendly forum was the best, imo.

Just some ideas, and dreaming of the good old days.

Live long and prosper!

Darth Agnon
Monster Hunter, Planeswalker and Sith
Like Wagic? Check out my custom themes, etc. at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44148
Wololo's article: http://wololo.net/2016/07/14/new-wagic- ... rth-agnon/

Return to “General”