Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Attempting to create a Streets of Rage .pkg file for PS3

Strider Hiryu

Attempting to create a Streets of Rage .pkg file for PS3

Post by Strider Hiryu »

Hello everyone. I wanted to create a .pkg file for the PS3 using Streets of Rage Remake. Inside a "SORREMAKE" folder, there is a USRDIR directory containing all of the program's files for that game along with an EBOOT.bin file. The SORREMAKE folder also has a PARAM.SFO file, and a PS3LOGO.DAT file, and a ICON0.PNG file.

Which program should I use to create a .pkg file that will install into the hdd0 folder in the internal hard drive? The last time I tried doing this (I used DOS2PS3), it only looped back onto the XMB screen. When I checked Multiman, the folders were available inside the hdd0 folder. For some reason, the game refuses to launch, which has me stumped.

If you know about any tools that could make this easier (I have also tried PKG Tool v1.50, but the resulting .pkg would not install-instead I got an error labeled 80092564.)

Thanks for your help in advance :-).
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: Attempting to create a Streets of Rage .pkg file for PS3

Post by fate6 »

Why do you want to make it a pkg? just FTP it over or something?
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Strider Hiryu

Post by Strider Hiryu »

I want to create a package from the PC version of the game. I did that a while ago using DOS2PS3, but it only led back to the XMB menu. I am not talking about FTPing the regular Streets of Rage rom. The Remake version is 100 times better too. I want to install it into the HD so I can play it from my PS3. I just need someone to point me in the right direction as to how I should create the .pkg file (I probably need to figure out how to generate a EBOOT.BIN and some other files from the PC version's game files.)

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated :-).
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Hold the phone! You think just packaging it into a pkg will let it run? No no no! see that eboot you are missing is what the PS3 runs, its to a PS3 what .exe is to Windows.
Simply put no you can't run it that way, You need someone to port it but that requires access to the games source code.

Now you did say it had PS3 files already in it right? Then it might be possible to run it but like before you don't need to go through the hassle of making a pkg, just send it over and run it like any other game/homebrew.

Just need to make sure the file structure is right so the PS3 can find the eboot.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Strider Hiryu

Post by Strider Hiryu »

The .pkg file I prepared came from DOS2PS3, which unfortunately doesn't work with Streets of Rage Remake :-(. That program automatically creates the required EBOOT.bin and places it inside a .pkg file along with all the necessary files and directories needed. If you take the folder that has the entire program for Streets of Rage Remake and double-click the file labeled 'SorR.exe' it automatically runs on the desktop (no installation required). I even created a .conf file that would specifically run that file from DOSBOX, but that did not work. I think you are right unfortunately, but I wanted to see if there was a way to prepare a new EBOOT.bin that would execute the code.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Oh OK so that program can "convert" dos games to run on a PS3 but the problem is the remake is not a dos game, Its made from scratch for modern Windows and as such can't be converted.

You need to source code and someone that knows how to program for the PS3 to port the game.

Return to “General”