Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Xbox360 section on /talk?

Xbox360 section on /talk

Good idea
38%
No thanks
63%

Total votes: 8

CPUzX

Xbox360 section on /talk?

Post by CPUzX »

After looking at this thread viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38278&start=20
I've began to wonder why an Xbox360 RGH/JTAG hacking section hasn't been included on the /talk board index. Even if the xbox 360 is a Microsoft product, surely it can be included here; just like the Wii-U and the 3DS?
Might be a stupid question/request, and I may have put this thread in the wrong index, but how about including an Xbox360 thread specifically for RGH, flashing, jtag usage. Would that be a bad idea?

I've recently successfully installed a glitch chip in my slim trinity & flashed the nand, installed Freestyle dash and I see just as much rising potential placing a division for the Xbox360; perhaps if the Wololo community is just as into the 360 as apposed to the PS3 scene.

Here is a random picture of a very shameful installation of the C-MOD coolrunner glitch chip._.

What's your thoughts on adding an Xbox360 section to the index?
Advertising
Last edited by SMOKE on Sat May 17, 2014 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed url
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: Xbox360 section on /talk?

Post by fate6 »

That scene is poisonous, There is no way I am letting it anywhere near /talk
Which is a shame since I actually like the system.
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

The entire x360 is a poisonous machine. It's one of the reasons why 7th gen was close to being a disaster like the Atari 2600, and Microsoft was one of the reasons.
On top of that, we barely like scenes that are mostly about piracy, it's one of the reasons the PS3 scene was so quickly thrown away in favor of the PS4.
CPUzX

Post by CPUzX »

Acid_Snake wrote:The entire x360 is a poisonous machine. It's one of the reasons why 7th gen was close to being a disaster like the Atari 2600, and Microsoft was one of the reasons.
On top of that, we barely like scenes that are mostly about piracy, it's one of the reasons the PS3 scene was so quickly thrown away in favor of the PS4.
Didn't the PS3's keys get leaked in 2010, which is around 4 years after the console release?
People were more concerned about how to install emulators & mod games than PS3 ISO's and piracy, right?

I do agree to an extent. The xbox360 scene, such as on Se7ensins is a prime example of piracy. Mostly about burning this game, XDG3 this, flashing this; downloading that, installing this. Majority of the scene is focused on piracy. Microsoft wanting full rights for each individual publisher is also a letdown on the 7th gen era. We don't need to repeat the Atari 2600 ages, too true.

For one thing though, it feels like once the vita gets natively cracked, then literally 'everyone' is going to turn to piracy. What will happen to the forum piracy policy after that. Will it become 10x stricter about discussing anything to do with piracy?

Also, is there any chance you could write an article on why the Xbox360 is a failure of a console in your view?

Maybe even an article on your personal opinion of Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes? That would be awesome.

also, just a little something I wondered -- Metal Gear Acid I and II... Did you like them spin-off games? I did, but not when they first came out. I was 10. Played it a year ago and really started to like them. Made you use your head.
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

In the comments section of this article I found the perfect explanation of why Microsoft and the Xbox is the worst thing that happened to gaming, the reason why 7th gen was almost as bad (if not as bad) as 2nd gen, and why Microsoft should die already and why everyone who likes the Xbox doesn't know true gaming:
I don't WANT the online gaming craze. That's exactly why I wish Microsoft never entered the business. Online gaming opened the doors for microtransactions, overpriced DLC, screeching eight-year-olds, too-short story modes, and a ton of other horrible ****.

That, and Microsoft's non-presence would've prevented the rampant over-Westernization of the entire industry, which has all but murdered entire genres or relegated them to super-niche status across the board.

As an entity, the XBOX family has added NOTHING to gaming that improves it in my mind. Absolutely nothing. The XBOX brought dudebro gaming to the mainstream, and I will never forgive that.

Return to “General”