Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Help with PS2 to Monitor

fate6
Big Beholder

Help with PS2 to Monitor

Post by fate6 »

ok so I what I want to do is use my PS2 with my PC monitor, now after a quick google I found this

http://www.amazon.com/MyGica-V2VPro-Vid ... B000XXZQWQ

that does exactly what I want but there is a problem in that using that I cant have my Desktop and PS2 connected at the same time. So I figure get a switch of some sort and have "A" on Desktop and "B" on PS2
with this I can switch between the two as I please even while both are on just by pressing a button(or switch/knob) ^__^

but now we run into a new problem of me not knowing how to set this up :\
sure I found the PS2 ==> Monitor but I don't knowing anything about the switch I would need

so anyone know anything or have any ideas?
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Tonakai

Re: Help with PS2 to Monitor

Post by Tonakai »

Well, I've no experience in doing this myself but I've been looking into it, and I've thought of a few solutions, but obviously I'm not entirely sure it'll work.

Anyway, you could possibly get a VGA-RF switch and use a PS1 cable with the RF output to plug it into that, and the PC into the monitor. It should work in theory, though there may be quality issues. I don't really mean that they'll be bad, just don't expect 1080p :lol:

I've yet to find a switch that would be sufficient though, so I'm unsure if they actually make them. Anyway, I'll keep looking into it.

========================

Seconds after writing that I found one that should be the answer to your problems: http://www.amazon.com/Mygica-Game-Video ... switch+box

I've only scanned over this item, but from what I've seen it's pretty much the same as the one you posted, but allows you to choose the source.
Advertising
Last edited by fate6 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: merged double post
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

oh now that looks promising!
thanks im going to do some homework on it but it seems like its exactly what I wanted ^__^
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

the ps2 is not capable of outputting VGA signal, so for that you'll need a converter which will be expensive as **** and the quality will change between converters. IMO you should go for the RGB + HDTV setup, either component or SCART, just make sure it's RGB (all component cables are RGB but not all SCART cables are), you'll be amazed at how good a ps2 looks with RGB on HDTV. Alternately, you can buy a BC ps3 and enjoy ps2 games on HDMI (THEY LOOK AWESOME), or buy a PC powerful enough to emulate ps2 at decent framerate
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

lol Im still rocking a SD CRT :3
anywho I did some research and the one I posted works but I want both my PC and PS2 on the same monitor
check the link Tonakai posted cause it looks like it should be it ^__^
Tonakai

Post by Tonakai »

There aren't very many videos on the Mygica box that I posted, and there's little information but this video shows that it does exactly what you want. Also, I've noticed a few HD recording tests too, so you should be able to do that too - should you ever want to do so.

Anyway, this video shows a pretty complex setup, but around 4:30-5mins ish you see him switching sources with the remote that comes included. It may be good to watch it all, so you get a bit of an idea of all the different uses it has (after watching this, I think I want to get one too).

However; I have noticed one downside and that is that you'll probably need external speakers. It may be alright if they're built into the monitor - I don't know.

Hope it helps. :mrgreen:
Edit: I know this states that it's a different product, but it's identical to the previous one I posted. Here's a link in case you want to compare: http://www.amazon.com/Mygica-SuperColor ... roduct_top

Edit 2: if you type in "SuperColor HD" into Amazon, it comes up with the Game Box that I previously posted, so I think it may just be a rebrand or possibly some aesthetic differences. For all intent and purposes it looks identical to me, but I've not spent that much time looking into the specifications; so I'd recommend you do so.

On a final note, if you do get this and get it all up and running, would you mind letting me know? I'm very curious, but I'm currently pretty strapped on cash so I'd like to be absolutely positive it's worth the investment beforehand.
Acid_Snake wrote:Alternately, you can buy a BC ps3 and enjoy ps2 games on HDMI (THEY LOOK AWESOME), or buy a PC powerful enough to emulate ps2 at decent framerate
What's the image quality, around 720p? I have an tube T.V that's like 6 years old or something :lol: and the one in my bedroom I've had for 12 years so my TV's can't handle HD signals. I have emulated a few games at 720p though recently, and I've been shocked by how amazing they look and may even go so far as to consider a new TV if they run at 720p+ on HDMI.
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

Tonakai wrote: What's the image quality, around 720p? I have an tube T.V that's like 6 years old or something :lol: and the one in my bedroom I've had for 12 years so my TV's can't handle HD signals. I have emulated a few games at 720p though recently, and I've been shocked by how amazing they look and may even go so far as to consider a new TV if they run at 720p+ on HDMI.
they run all the way up to 1080p on a BC PS3 with HDMI
Tonakai

Post by Tonakai »

Acid_Snake wrote:
Tonakai wrote: What's the image quality, around 720p? I have an tube T.V that's like 6 years old or something :lol: and the one in my bedroom I've had for 12 years so my TV's can't handle HD signals. I have emulated a few games at 720p though recently, and I've been shocked by how amazing they look and may even go so far as to consider a new TV if they run at 720p+ on HDMI.
they run all the way up to 1080p on a BC PS3 with HDMI
Never really fiddled with the video settings on my PS3 since my tv's are ancient so I had no idea it had 1080p output. It deffo looks like a new tv's my next buy . Cheers for the info :mrgreen:
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

Tonakai wrote:Never really fiddled with the video settings on my PS3 since my tv's are ancient so I had no idea it had 1080p output. It deffo looks like a new tv's my next buy . Cheers for the info :mrgreen:
don't forget that not all ps3s are backwards compatible, but I'm guessing yours is
Tonakai

Post by Tonakai »

Aye, it is. I'm wondering though, do you have a PS3 on CFW? If so, would you mind confirming something for me? My PS3 with cfw's bricked and I haven't got round to fixing it yet.

Return to “General”