Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Verbatim DVD-R Not Working

Pawel
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:05 pm

Verbatim DVD-R Not Working

Post by Pawel » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:46 pm

So I tried burning a game on the disk and started it on ESR. And EST said that there was 'invalid media in drive'. I tried DVD+R and DVD-R from different manufacturers and I can't get any to work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Please somebody help me with this. Thanks VERY much!
Advertising
- PSP: Go (5g, 6.20 PRO-C fix3)
- PS3 (Slim 250G OFW 4.11)
- PS2 (Slim - FMCB)
Image

User avatar
Tonakai
Posts: 594
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:00 am
Location: United Kingdom.

Re: Verbatim DVD-R Not Working

Post by Tonakai » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:19 am

It seems like there's an issue with the burning process. You should always burn on the lowest speed possible, and also please be aware that not all games are compatible with ESR. I've little knowledge with burning and such so I can't really help you if that isn't the problem.
Advertising

User avatar
fate6
Big Beholder
Posts: 7597
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:18 am
Location: [fate6@Canterlot ~]$

Re: Verbatim DVD-R Not Working

Post by fate6 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:13 am

well try what I do

patch with ESR patcher GUI then burn with imgburn at x4 speed

thats it ^__^

I use Memorex +R
Image
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

Pawel
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:05 pm

Re: Verbatim DVD-R Not Working

Post by Pawel » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:36 pm

fate6 wrote:well try what I do

patch with ESR patcher GUI then burn with imgburn at x4 speed

thats it ^__^

I use Memorex +R
Ok. So I burned at 4x speed and still doesn't work.
My ps2 is SCPH-70003 if this helps identify if the DVD is compatible with my ps2 in some way
- PSP: Go (5g, 6.20 PRO-C fix3)
- PS3 (Slim 250G OFW 4.11)
- PS2 (Slim - FMCB)
Image

Pawel
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:05 pm

Re: Verbatim DVD-R Not Working

Post by Pawel » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:09 pm

Tonakai wrote:It seems like there's an issue with the burning process. You should always burn on the lowest speed possible, and also please be aware that not all games are compatible with ESR. I've little knowledge with burning and such so I can't really help you if that isn't the problem.
I burned at 4x speed and checked if the game is compatible with ESR. It still doesn't work.
- PSP: Go (5g, 6.20 PRO-C fix3)
- PS3 (Slim 250G OFW 4.11)
- PS2 (Slim - FMCB)
Image

User avatar
fate6
Big Beholder
Posts: 7597
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:18 am
Location: [fate6@Canterlot ~]$

Re: Verbatim DVD-R Not Working

Post by fate6 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:26 pm

then it could either be the type of disk you are using or the PS2's laser might be dying :/
Image
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

Pawel
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:05 pm

Re: Verbatim DVD-R Not Working

Post by Pawel » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:28 pm

fate6 wrote:then it could either be the type of disk you are using or the PS2's laser might be dying :/
I actually got it to work now! OMG thanks! I just need to buy a new controller :(
- PSP: Go (5g, 6.20 PRO-C fix3)
- PS3 (Slim 250G OFW 4.11)
- PS2 (Slim - FMCB)
Image

User avatar
fate6
Big Beholder
Posts: 7597
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:18 am
Location: [fate6@Canterlot ~]$

Re: Verbatim DVD-R Not Working

Post by fate6 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:39 pm

oh well then nicely done ^__^
how did you fix it ?
Image
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

Pawel
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:05 pm

Re: Verbatim DVD-R Not Working

Post by Pawel » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:23 pm

fate6 wrote:oh well then nicely done ^__^
how did you fix it ?
Well, I basically did what you said. I downloaded the patcher and burned at 4x.
- PSP: Go (5g, 6.20 PRO-C fix3)
- PS3 (Slim 250G OFW 4.11)
- PS2 (Slim - FMCB)
Image

User avatar
VitaGenic
Posts: 585
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:59 am
Location: Thailand

Re: Verbatim DVD-R Not Working

Post by VitaGenic » Wed May 29, 2013 1:27 pm

I know old thread is old.... But for anyone doing google searches that may stumble across this topic: clean your laser!

I was having above problems too with verbatim media, which is said to be the best quality for use in PS2's. I thought my laser had died!

Turns out a quick clean with a tissue sorted it out! I wouldn't recommend that though, do it properly with a cloth and some rubbing alcohol!
PS Vita 3G 16gb 3.18 Talkman Travel Exploit
PS3 CECHA01 60gb Cobra USB
3DS XL White 4.4 Gateway 128gb SD

Post Reply

Return to “General”