Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Tutorials] PS2 Thread: Softmod, game backups, homebrew

Bert960

Re: [Tutorials] PS2 Thread: Softmod, game backups, homebrew

Post by Bert960 »

pspgabe550 wrote:Ps2 fat users should use FHDB it's pretty much Free McBoot except its running from the hdd via the expansion bay slot and adapter. If anyone wants to give that a try I can tell you exactly how to do it. ;)
Iight, since I'm already late in the game, what requirements need to be met to softmod the PS2?
Advertising
pspgabe550

Re: [Tutorials] PS2 Thread: Softmod, game backups, homebrew

Post by pspgabe550 »

Bert960 wrote: Iight, since I'm already late in the game, what requirements need to be met to softmod the PS2?
Well First off you're going to need the ps2 network adapter, a pc or computer capable of connecting old school HDD'S (not the newer ones that use sata connection.) A program called WinHIIP.
Now there is a certain way you need to format your HDD with WinHIIP. (MAXTOR HDD'S work the best.) But the issue is mostly the way you format your drive, If your HDD is 130 gigs or less you need to run winhiip and click options and select 24bit HD Loader. If it is 131 gigs or bigger you need to click 48bit HD Loader.
NEVER USE TOXIC OS ( I've messed up using this option it's too buggy.)
So after your hdd is properly formatted based on the size of the drive I suggest you back it up using Winhiip selecting the copy drive option in the main part of the program (it should be in the second row and column) But back it up somewhere safe!
NOTICE I IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM SUPPORT PIRACY
WinHIIP has an option that lets you put .iso files on your hdd it is the "ADD IMAGES" button. Also do not put two games with the same slus on the hdd problems will occur.
And last but not least message me if you are having difficulties.
PS I'm currently looking for a way to run PSBBN off an HDD if I have success I shall let the community know!
Advertising
[spoiler]My PSP Slim
Piano Black
Pro B9 6.60[/spoiler]

Return to “Tutorials”