Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Tutorials] PS2 Thread: Softmod, game backups, homebrew

fate6
Big Beholder

Re: [Tutorials] PS2 Thread: Softmod, game backups, homebrew

Post by fate6 »

That won't work, Such a thing would never work with any game
TBH I recommend getting a Gameshark/Action Replay/Codebreaker and doing it thru that cause then you don't need to burn anything

I have done it on many PS2's with all three and it works fine
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
b4sk8

Post by b4sk8 »

fate6 wrote:That won't work, Such a thing would never work with any game
TBH I recommend getting a Gameshark/Action Replay/Codebreaker and doing it thru that cause then you don't need to burn anything

I have done it on many PS2's with all three and it works fine
thank you and i will look into maybe getting one
Advertising
Tonakai

Post by Tonakai »

b4sk8 wrote:i have a ps2 fat and tried a DVD+R
For future reference: always use DVD-R (in case you want to burn any games).
jlo138

Post by jlo138 »

BTW, I purchased a memory card with FMCB on it. I followed this guide and burned a patched copy of the game which I loaded using FMCB. I then completed the mission and installed FMCB on my other memory card without having to disc swap. I swapped memory cards after loading the game. I did the whole mission with the backup game (patched) and once I started the second mission I was able to install FMCB. It didn't auto install for me but I simply browsed the file and installed it that way. Don't forget to patch your games with ESR Patcher. It's very easy and painless to do. I patched it with Apache and then ESR Patcher and loaded with FMCB with a burned copy of the game to recreate the process of installing FMCB for another memory card.

Thanks for the guide! Done very well!
RandQalan

Post by RandQalan »

jlo138 wrote:BTW, I purchased a memory card with FMCB on it. I followed this guide and burned a patched copy of the game which I loaded using FMCB. I then completed the mission and installed FMCB on my other memory card without having to disc swap. I swapped memory cards after loading the game. I did the whole mission with the backup game (patched) and once I started the second mission I was able to install FMCB. It didn't auto install for me but I simply browsed the file and installed it that way. Don't forget to patch your games with ESR Patcher. It's very easy and painless to do. I patched it with Apache and then ESR Patcher and loaded with FMCB with a burned copy of the game to recreate the process of installing FMCB for another memory card.

Thanks for the guide! Done very well!

FYI if you have FMCB already MC you can use uLE to install to second MC without all that game swapping and ESR patcher and all if you use USB stick or similar you wasted a DVD and time doing that way plus could damage you PS2
jlo138

Post by jlo138 »

I didn't disc swap.
RandQalan

Post by RandQalan »

jlo138 wrote:I didn't disc swap.
Still a wasted DVD ;)

With FMCB on MC can easily install to another MC without the burn game and forced run of replaced elf

Heck you do not even need a working DVD drive I know I have a 70001 model that I have used to make other FMCB MC with ;)
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Also ESR is what loads the game. Not FMCB.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
jlo138

Post by jlo138 »

RandQalan wrote:
jlo138 wrote:I didn't disc swap.
Still a wasted DVD ;)

With FMCB on MC can easily install to another MC without the burn game and forced run of replaced elf

Heck you do not even need a working DVD drive I know I have a 70001 model that I have used to make other FMCB MC with ;)
Eh, what's .20 cents. Still fun to play a mission of a game I've never played before. I'll try uLe later. Thanks :)
pspgabe550

Post by pspgabe550 »

Ps2 fat users should use FHDB it's pretty much Free McBoot except its running from the hdd via the expansion bay slot and adapter. If anyone wants to give that a try I can tell you exactly how to do it. ;)
[spoiler]My PSP Slim
Piano Black
Pro B9 6.60[/spoiler]

Return to “Tutorials”