Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

how easy is it to set this specific task up with jailbreak/homebrew?

FlamesofChaos

how easy is it to set this specific task up with jailbreak/homebrew?

Post by FlamesofChaos »

I'm very unsure if this fits here, it seems to but if it doesn't someone can let me know.

i have a specific question which i would like answered as soon as possible as i'm moving soon and without internet it will be much more difficult to get the info.

My question is this, how do i jailbreak/homebrew my ps3 for the specific purpose of playing my ps2 and ps3 games in disc and/or iso format (none of the iso are 'pirated', i own discs of any of the ones i have, some discs are just badly damaged, just for context), i dont care for any of the other stuff jailbreak/homebrew could do for my ps3 i just want the specific games to be able to be played.

I also wish to find out if it is possible, to redownload patches/updates (such as skyrim 1.9) if i delete them for random glitch use purposes (namely oghma infinium), and don't have internet? i imagine the update is saved somehow to the system/disc without need of internet but as i am unsure how that works i don't want to have that be an issue in the new place.

while i imagine its quite a bit different, i have homebrewed several wii before, so its its just a matter of file movements i can do that, if its a super complex series of steps, a bit simpler wording would be nice. (I have searched tutorials and every single one wants me to download some other various thing and dont really describe the specifics of what i require.)
Advertising
Butcher

Re: how easy is it to set this specific task up with jailbreak/homebrew?

Post by Butcher »

PS3 Exploit to jailbreak ,then u can use ay homebrew and unlock ps1 ,ps2 ,psp emulator ,the updates of games u can download from net manual.

And done
Advertising
FlamesofChaos

Post by FlamesofChaos »

i imagine so but would it work on the cech-2001a models and with update 4.82?
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

You would need to run the Minimum Version Check, and if it says 3.65 or lower you can install a full CFW.

However if the the Minimum Version Check says something higher you would need to use the HAN exploit. The HAN exploit is really new at this point and there isn't allot of information floating around.

I'm trying to nail down a specific way to install Disk games to the XMB, and write a decent english tutorial.

I already have a few small PSN games working 100%, but I'm still testing actual Disk backup methods.

TL;DR Yes 4.82 is exploitable.
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
FlamesofChaos

Post by FlamesofChaos »

i'll look into the version check stuff then.

i saw a post duuring my search for tutorials that if it worked like i think it would, would solve at least the ps2 playing part, basically it was a program that turned ps2 iso into ps2 classics, which most likely is a step in the grander scheme of the jailbreaking of a ps3 but that specific topic didnt mention it. if that was possible without jailbreaking it would be nice but i bet it isnt, apparently sony is pretty good at keeping jailbreakers out if it takes this long to still find and do stuff
FlamesofChaos

Post by FlamesofChaos »

so i have either run into an issue (due to tutorial, or not being smart to understand the situation), or its the wrong tutorial somehow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ9euU2 ... L&index=76 if i follow exactly what that guy says, when i get to the part about the website i had yo use the alternant nor one from description, however that version of the site (ps3xploit.com/writer/index_nor.html) gave me two options "initiate exploit" and "patch nor flash memory" after doing those things it tells me "you can dump the nor now and check that the patch has been applied successfully. then reboot to enable the patches and install the 4.82CFW of your choice..." there are no options for that so i dont get it.
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

No use any site u have on this forum super noob tutorial or on psx please is much better.

Use on PC own webserver witch exploit etc.
FlamesofChaos

Post by FlamesofChaos »

i found a newer method that supposedly works but it apparently requires internet access every single time its used which i wont be able to do so i'm still stuck
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

For JB is only 1 method - use like on tutorial

Need only on PC web server and PS3 and 1 USB stick and its super easy to do - on this site u have tutorial or much better on PSX-Please site

Return to “Homebrew”