#113951 by me7i
Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:39 pm
wololo wrote:
me7i wrote:Just my personal opinion but this is anoying, its like more ads

Err, I was expecting some comments about the plugin being slow, or not showing enough information, but I must admit I wasn't expecting that type of comment :shock: The fact that it uses an interface similar to some ads mechanisms shouldn't misguide you. Those are not commercial links, they are links that are here to help (reminder: the homebrews are free and created by people like you and me, from communities like this one). People are constantly looking for homebrews and end up on these forums looking for download links, now people who mention some homebrews don't even have to look for a download link, it will be found instantly, along with a screenshot and a description.

Can you give details about why you find this annoying? Does it distract you from reading?
I guess mid-term I can probably add an option in the user panel for people to deactivate it, but I'd like to understand why you find that annoying "like ads". Is it the functionality itself (the fact that it gets the homebrew information from my server), or the way it is implemented (the popup thing)?

it really does distract me from reading, the lamecraft subforum is where i am most active and i tend to say lamecraft alot, and when i read i follow the text with my mouse, when i keep getting these popups its just annoying, and thankyou for listening to my opinion :)
Advertising
#113953 by wololo
Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:45 pm
I see. I'll work on a way to deactivate the plugin in the user panel then :)
Advertising
#114142 by wololo
Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:59 pm
I updated the first post with an explanation on how to add this script on your own site if you're interested. Enjoy :)
#114266 by ASKidwai
Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:35 am
This is rather nice, but I have attached a problem that I have with this.
Attachments
Screenshot-1.png
Only the "W" is visible
Screenshot-1.png (158.01 KiB) Viewed 13582 times
#114269 by wololo
Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:10 am
doh...
Is this Firefox running in (K)ubuntu? I'll try to check that...would love to see if other people run into a similar problem.
#114351 by TragicTheBlubbering
Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:26 pm
@ASKidwai: It looks like you have adblock plus installed. Have you tried disabling it to see if it is the culprit.
#114359 by ASKidwai
Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:55 pm
I tried disabling AdBlock and there is no difference.

Now that I come to think of it, a full box outline does appear for a moment before shrinking to the size as shown in the said screenshot.