Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Read this if you can't login anymore

wololo
Site Admin

Read this if you can't login anymore

Post by wololo »

We got several messages from people who lost their account on this forum recently (may 2011).
After investigating, it turns out that if your user name contains special characters (anything that not a-z A-Z 0-9 or space), there is a chance you cannot login anymore. This is due to a mistake I did during a database upgrade (see this topic: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5889 )

If this happens to you, the forum will tell you that your username or password is incorrect, and even the "reset password" feature will not work for you. In this case, please send me an email to wagic.the.homebrew@gmail.com and I will manually fix your account.

( Also be sure that you didn't create your account on /forum instead of /talk. We have 2 similar forums on this server, but one of them is dedicated to Wagic. )
Advertising
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
HeroKing

Re: Read this if you can't login anymore

Post by HeroKing »

i'm actually experiencing some kind of database error at times if the forum is overflooded. i couldn't even acces my pms for like 5 minutes the other day
Advertising
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

HeroKing wrote:i'm actually experiencing some kind of database error at times if the forum is overflooded. i couldn't even acces my pms for like 5 minutes the other day
That's a completely different issue.
I have settings to disable the board when the server is overloaded, so that the forum doesn't take the other parts of the server down with it (Wagic players can get angry if they can't access their community because a new CFW was released :mrgreen: ). That's probably what you've been experiencing?

HeroKing

Post by HeroKing »

pretty much. it happened a lot after B6 was released, and i was trying to have a talk with coldbird over the bug i mentioned to him
toBsucht
VIP

Post by toBsucht »

wth?! i did a reply here??!!! edit: i delete my last reply :roll:
Last edited by toBsucht on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
HeroKing

Post by HeroKing »

yeah, i saw that myself. i just assumed you deleted it yourself, but i guess someone else did

off-topic edit: you reached 700 posts :lol:
Last edited by HeroKing on Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

toBsucht wrote:wth?! i did a reply here??!!!
I saw your reply too... I assume a mod deleted it? Not sure what happened here. seems everything related to knopper is doomed :lol:

ultimakillz
Retired Mod

Post by ultimakillz »

toBsucht wrote:wth?! i did a reply here??!!!
yes, i deleted it for being off-topic. sorry, i thought i typed a response but i must have closed the tab :oops: anyway, please keep posts here on-topic. if you have an issue with another thread, feel free to pm one of the staff.
dammit

Post by dammit »

wololo wrote:We got several messages from people who lost their account on this forum recently (may 2011).
After investigating, it turns out that if your user name contains special characters (anything that not a-z A-Z 0-9 or space), there is a chance you cannot login anymore. This is due to a mistake I did during a database upgrade (see this topic: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5889 )

If this happens to you, the forum will tell you that your username or password is incorrect, and even the "reset password" feature will not work for you. In this case, please send me an email to wagic.the.homebrew@gmail.com and I will manually fix your account.

( Also be sure that you didn't create your account on /forum instead of /talk. We have 2 similar forums on this server, but one of them is dedicated to Wagic. )
Since i'm a forgetful man, here is a question: if i forgot the account name and password, could i get my account back by offering my registered email address?
To be better man
tecnico

Post by tecnico »

Thank you wololo ;)

Return to “Announcements”