Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Wololo.net is 5 years old! Chance to win a $20 PSN Code

Wizardinblack

Re: Wololo.net is 5 years old! Chance to win a $20 PSN Code

Post by Wizardinblack »

i started visiting the website over a year ago in may when i got my vita! i didnt actually make a username until some time after that. the only exploit ive owned so far is MHFU, when i decided to update for some reason.. this is the only website i really trust for vita news, go wololo!
Advertising
Last edited by Wizardinblack on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenovo ideapad Y510p (Steam: DemonLung0x1a4)
- 2x GeForce GT755m (SLI)

(PSN: WizardinBlack71)
PS Vita 3g
PS4
PS3
ZeroSkys

Post by ZeroSkys »

qwikrazor87 told meh bout it. The end thats it.
Advertising
Add Meh
lithium210

Post by lithium210 »

Been following the scene since DA appeared and released files for firmware 3.4.
Shynttaka

Post by Shynttaka »

I bought my PSP in 2008 I believe, and had it unhacked for a good full year before I decided to dive in and see what I can do with it.
At the time I think the only real cfw solution available was through a pandora battery, but thanks to my budget at the time I couldn't afford to order one.
So I proceeded to slicing into my battery with a knife that was admittedly a bit too big for the job. A few cuts and bandaids later, I had my very own Pandora battery, and soon after the PSP had its custom firmware. This was my first foray into the world of hacking and homebrew, and just about every device I've owned since then has had some sort of homebrew solution implimented.
Thanks Wololo for 5 years of awesomeness!
Takumaru187

Post by Takumaru187 »

Nice man 5 years is a long time grats, Anyways I first got into psp a month after release. I was 15 and working, one of my co-workers told me about the psp coming out soon. I bought the psp around 05 the initial release, and man was that a pain. I still remember buying 1 Gig memory for like $75, me and my buds would get together and play ad-hoc games all nigh. I loved my fat psp, it used to say Made in Japan it also felt heavier than its Made in China counter part. Around some point in time we didn't have the same games and what was a problem, I still remember how some would let you share game via ad-hoc was awesome. Sadly not all games featured it. So I resorted to google, I found a website called at the time Psp-hacks. I think that same website is now Dashhacks, anyways I've been around since you had to load a picture to buffer overflow. Dark_Alex was great and so was total noob, I still remember how much of a hassle it was to hack a psp and the big risk you took. I still remember how we had to format the mem card with DOS and what not at the time it didn't work properly with vista. Then I forgot to backup my batteries info so I had a permanent pandora battery, as time went by it got easier.The Pandora was great, it made me feel like a machine god!. I unbricked peoples psp's for free so that was cool. I helped a bunch of my friends install CFW since I had gotten it down correctly and they were scared. I remember when it was cool to put a 2nd analog on your psp so I went ahead and did that as well, I never upgraded past psp 1000 since mines worked fine. Sadly I lost the poor champ to a fire in 2012, after that I figured it's time to move on to ps vita. I then search for a way to play retro games on it since I was traveling a bunch, then I found wololo great site. The legend of robo was my first VHBL and I have to say it's awesome. Anyways man thanks for your work really appreciate it to everyone who have busted their *** working on vhbl and past psp hacks :D.
Gothic4

Post by Gothic4 »

Happy bithday. Thanks to this page i hacked my psp :)
Zachg1993

Post by Zachg1993 »

ive been a sony lover for quite some time and found this site a very long time ago and havent stopped loving it though ive used every "exploit" for every psp system thus far i am egerly waiting to get to my ps vita on the 2.12 update
ijnmko

Post by ijnmko »

happy birthday wololo.net i discover you when Im searching for new expolid game in Google now Im follow you every day
for news about my vita .tank about every thing
Nottulys

Post by Nottulys »

Well, started with, and still have, a Launch PSP, and went through that whole debacle with FW 2.0(IDK if anyone remembers that!?) Been enjoying the scene back with the "eloader" and the first exploit for the first GTA on the PSP. Which evolved into the Dark Alex days... Now its pretty much all Wololo.net, came on this scene barely missing the first(couple?) VHBL releases and catching the Monster Hunter VHBL release. Been here checking everything ever since. Thank you for all the contributions to this scene sir.
"We are the all singing all dancing *** of the world"
Casavult

Post by Casavult »

I first started following the "PSP Scene" when I got my very first PSP way back in 2004/05. It was a great system and I loved playing it all the time and enjoying the company I had with it when travelling to and from higher education schooling, college, ect. One day at college, I had seen that a college buddy was playing what looked to be some sort of home made game and I asked him what it was, he then told me he was running a custom modified firmware that allowed him to do so much more with his PSP. So later on during the day, I did some searching on the internet for PSP hacks, PSP custom firmware among other things and then I was introduced to the beautiful world of PSP hacking, CFW and homebrew.

I used to spend a lot of my time as a youth trying to find as much homebrew as I could, plug-ins, games, apps, you name it, I was searching for it. I was just stunned about how great this scene was and wanted to try everything I could get my hands on and play, and because of that, I wanted to learn how to programme my own homebrew for the PSP and then that was when I started attending C programming courses whilst juggling 3 years of college in mechanical engineering and 2 years in I.T.

Up until about around late 2009, early 2010, I followed the PSP scene real closely, that was until I had my accident. I had suffered memory loss due to it and I had forgotten about the PSP scene, most of the programming I had learned, engineering, among a lot of other things. Around late 2010 I had started to remember things, and I started to remember about the PSP. I did some research again and then around early 2011, I found Wololo.net and then decided to sign up to Wololo.net/talk around June. Ever since then, I have been stuck to the PSP scene, although a lot of my memory is still fuzzy and I still can't remember a lot of stuff, I learned enough again to know a lot about the PSP and the scene that it is up to this day and now in 2013 my memory is even better by training myself in learning about the PSP which has helped me remember a lot of stuff from my past.

A lot of the stuff I have learned, has come from this great site that wololo made with the help and contributions of it's great Users, Guru's, VIP's and fellow Moderators. So for that, I would love to wish Wololo.net a Happy 5th Birthday and it's Users a big thanks! :)

P.S. If some of this doesn't make sense then I apologise. I tried hard at remembering all I could to make this post make sense.
• PS4Pro 2TB OFW • PS3 3k 1TB OFW • PS3 Slim 2k 500GB 4.84.2 DEX Rebug • PS3 Slim 2k 250GB 4.84.2 CEX Rebug •
• PSV 1k 32GB 3.60 HENkaku • 3x PSP 2k (TA-085v1) 128GB 6.60 ME-2.3 • PSP 2k (TA-085v2) 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3 •

Return to “Announcements”