Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Forum rules updated: Multiple accounts

anc96

Re: Forum rules updated: Multiple accounts

Post by anc96 »

fouadtjuhmaster wrote:
anc96 wrote: I understand where you're coming from - maybe it could be limited to users who've been registered for x months or have a certain number of posts? I'd like to change my username and I'm sure some other members would as well.
I guess when you register, you think good of what you're usename would be. When i register, i do not expect to change it.
I didn't expect to change my name when I joined, otherwise I wouldn't've chosen the name I did. Some people, such as myself, want to change their username for some reason or another. I'm not going to make a big deal or start an argument over it, as it isn't worth it.
Advertising
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Post by Xian Nox »

anc96 wrote:I didn't expect to change my name when I joined, otherwise I wouldn't've chosen the name I did. Some people, such as myself, want to change their username for some reason or another. I'm not going to make a big deal or start an argument over it, as it isn't worth it.
You may have a point, but consider two things: phpbb by default doesn't provide username changes, so any such requests have to be handled by the administrator (Wololo), who is busy enough already. The second problem: supposing Wololo will change usernames within 2 seconds of the request, what will happen if everyone started changing their names randomly. Wouldn't that be confusing?
Advertising
anc96

Post by anc96 »

Xian Nox wrote:You may have a point, but consider two things: phpbb by default doesn't provide username changes, so any such requests have to be handled by the administrator (Wololo), who is busy enough already. The second problem: supposing Wololo will change usernames within 2 seconds of the request, what will happen if everyone started changing their names randomly. Wouldn't that be confusing?
I have great respect for Wololo and I know he's really busy helping the PSP/PSV scene, so limitations could be put in place; only people who've been registered for so long or have above a certain number of posts can ask for a name change. Anyone that does get there name changed could put a note in there sig for, say, a week or a month with their previous username. Other staff members can be given the power to change names if the admin wishes. :)
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Post by Disturbed0ne »

Username changes are the lowest thing on the "to do" list (if they're on there at all) so asking for your name to be changed is simply something that will not be done.

So please, stop asking for name changes.
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!

Return to “Announcements”