This is the official page for the 2015 Revitalize Homebrew competition, a PS Vita homebrew competition with $1000 to win in cash prizes.
Revitalize PS Vita homebrew competition rules
This is a homebrew programming competition for the PS Vita.
- Your entry must be a Native PS Vita Homebrew, running through the Rejuvenate vita hack or equivalent. It can be a game, an application, a plugin, … anything’s fine as long as it is a “native” binary.
- LUA or other scripting languages are fine as long as your binary runs “standalone”.
- Wallpapers, Themes, Flash games, portals, PC utilities (even if they are in direct relation to the PS Vita) are out of this competition.
- PSP Homebrew, homebrew running through the ePSP hacks, are out of this competition
- You can submit your homebrew until
September 30th, 2015November 30th, 2015 (included). You are allowed to submit
your homebrew whenever you want, and update it until the deadline.
- To submit your homebrew:
- Add an entry for your homebrew in our /Downloads database
- post a new topic in this forum. Your topic should include the name of the homebrew, the name of the author(s), at least one screenshot, and a link to download the homebrew.
- All entries are “accepted” by default, but our mods reserve the right to delete an entry (lock the topic) if we estimate that your entry does not follow the rules in this page, or for whatever reason they see fit.
- Anyone is allowed to submit as many entries as they want. You can work in teams, but we will need a single contact person for the prizes.
- The homebrew must be made by you. Updates of somebody else’s homebrew will be accepted ONLY
if you prove that you got authorization from the original creator(s) to enter this contest. Please do not simply take someone’s source and add your name to it. We will find out and it’s just not cool. Keep it clean
- Ports of open source software are considered ok, as long as you follow the license rules
- The homebrew must be entirely new, or a significant update (or mod) of your existing homebrew. We might refuse “updates” or “mods” if we think they do not bring much new features to your homebrew.
- You are allowed to submit your homebrew to other sites/competitions as long as you submitted it to the Revitalize competition first. If you posted your homebrew on another website before submitting it to this competition, the entry won’t be accepted
- Your homebrew must display one of the competition splash screens
provided below. If your homebrew can not technically use a splash screen (such as some plugins), you will be asked to provide the splash screen in the homebrew archive, and add the following
in your README.txt file:
- This Homebrew is an entry for the Revitalize competition 2015, sponsored by wololo.net
- Do not submit illegal content! In particular, it is your responsibility to make sure that you have the necessary authorization to distribute the graphics, musics, etc… included in your homebrew. We don’t have the manpower to do this verification ourselves.
- These rules are not perfect, and subject to change. When in doubt, the mods are right!
Judges and prizes
The cumulative value of all prizes in this competition is $1000, which will be awarded as follows:
- $400 for the best entry *
- $300 for the second best entry *
- $100 for Wololo’s favorite open source entry (this can be cumulative with one of the 2 prizes above)
- $100 for the best color emulator (think 8 bit or above, no gameboy/gameboy color)
- $100 for the best non emulator homebrew
* We have yet to determine is we will have a judge panel, or if we will be running a poll on the forums. We’re edging towards the latter.
- For cash prizes, unless specified otherwise, you will be required to have a paypal account. If you don’t have a paypal account, we might be able to suggest alternate solutions on a case per case basis (such as Amazon gift cards in some countries).
- The prizes displayed on this page are announced in good faith, and as we type this page we believe the values are accurate. However if we find an error, we will correct the page and let everyone know immediately
Thanks to the following people who donated additional money to help make this competition even better!
- Ryan H.
Splash screens to use in your homebrew
Your homebrew must display one of the following images when people run it on their PS Vita (“splash screen”).
See the rules above if your homebrew cannot technically display a splash screen.