Installing Pro CFW on a PSP Go

Translations for this article:

Installing a Custom Firmware on your PSP Go has never been so easy. In this page I’m describing the easiest possible way for you to install the most reliable Custom Firmware on your PSP: Pro CFW.

Installing Pro CFW on your PSPGo is simple, free, and is not much risky than installing a Firmware update on your device. It does not require any advanced hack technique or hardware modification. There’s basically 3 easy steps (you were expecting more? Sorry to disappoint):

1. Download the necessary files

2. Update your PSP To firmware 6.60

Skip this step if you already have Firmware 6.60 installed on your PSP.

In order to install Pro CFW on your PSP, you will need to first update your PSP to the 6.60 Sony firmware (which, at the time of this writing, is the latest firmware released by Sony), if that’s not already the case. There are versions of Pro CFW that will run on older firmwares, but updating to 6.60 will guarantee the best compatibility for your official games.

To install the 6.60 Firmware, just unzip the archive on your PSP’s memory stick, in the “PSP” folder (you should end up with an “UPDATE” folder in the PSP folder, if you do things correctly), then run the update from your PSP menu.

Trouble upgrading? Ask for help on our forums

3. Install Pro CFW

The Pro CFW archive provides several subfolders in the “PSP/GAME” folder. Two of them are interesting for us: the FastRecovery and the PROUPDATE folders. Those two need to be extracted to the PSP/GAME folder on your memory stick.

Assuming you extracted the files correctly, you will see a few new applications in your PSP’s Game menu. The one you will want to run in order to install Pro CFW is “Pro Update”. Just run it.

That’s it. You can erase the “ProUpdate” folder from your PSP, but keep the “FastRecovery” one.

4. DAILY USE

That’s it, I said 3 steps πŸ™‚ Welcome to the world of Custom Firmwares. There’s no additional step required to install the Pro CFW. However, every time you reboot your console, you will have to reactivate ProCFW, which is done by running the Fast Recovery tool from your PSP’s Game menu, and takes literally 5 seconds.

1. damilad says:

mr. wololo can u give me ur email..my is damfictourqe@yahoo.com i nid to ask some que…. though am a gadget fixer buh just wonna know sumtins…tenx xpecting

2. nCadeRegal says:

thank you mr. wololo. I have finally obtained both a white pspgo and a black pspgo. Ive been reading up on how to install cfw but could not find specific “GO” related articles other than user experiences. i am about to give this a shot,(no worries not my first time) i will let you know how all goes in a later post. btw very nice walkthrough and read you truly are DAX in disguise, hope u are not offended i loved his work, have been reading posts for a few weeks now. love this site and community. so helpfull and caring!

3. ceazer says:

pls,I own a psp go portable(n1001),and I am about to try this method so I can play iso/cso games.question is can i do all the installations in the inbuilt memory(16gig).I need an urgent answer,pls.

4. david says:

if i use this can i still access the playstation network on my pspgo?

5. Yahya Arif says:

I’hv problem i tried a lot to recovered my PSPgo but it didn’t work. My PSPgo version in 6.60 but when i select Fast Recovery Pro icon nd click it after restart my pspgo its hangup nd shaking screen. Also i copied games into PSP\GAME\ folder its also not working & giving message data corrupted. plz let me help regarding this i will b vry thnkful 2 u.

YAHYA

6. alex says:

100 percent amazing!!!!! you guys are real pros at this thanks for the creation!!!!

7. Jericho T says:

Hi there, I just got a PSP GO, which is running the official firmware version 5.70. Do I have to upgrade it to 6.60?

Just asking, since I always thought it is better not to upgrade it, since it would be difficult to downgrade it if I needed to. (I may be very mistaken here)

Does PSP and PSP Go share the same type of custom firmware, that is, if a CFW is used for PSP can it be applied to a PSP Go as well?

The ISO games are the same used in the PSP, right?

Sorry for the newbie questions….

• toBsucht says:

yes pro hen is working with all kind of psp.
      No problem to downgrade a psp as deep as the 1st installed orginal fw. << chronoswitch downgrader

8. Luffy says:

My PSP is still CFW 3.30 πŸ™
    I want to update it but your pro CFW will be worked or not.
    I afraid about that πŸ™
    but thanks anyway

9. cynder2011 says:

Ok Long question…I’ve got a psp 3000 on 6.20 with the perm CFW. Im actually looking at getting a PSPgo becaues my PSP is just getting too bulky to have with me everywhere now adays. with a phone in one pocket, wallet in the other, its a bit tough. is it worth it to get a pspgo from GameStop for $80 + tax refurbished? and then if i do get it and upgrade to 6.60 is it possible to downgrade it to 6.20 for perm CFW? All the games i play are CSOs so its rare that im ever on the psn, and then there is the fact i need to copy all my plugins on my psp over. how hard would that be and what changes are needed?

10. Jose Ibarra says:

So I downloaded it but were can I get games.?

11. psp123456789 says:

WHEN I REBOOT MY PSP GO THE LOADING STUCKS AND TAKE A LONG TIME TO REBOOT.

WHAT SHOULD I DO ?IS IT THE SYSTEMS PROBLEM OR THE PRO UPDATE?

12. Brandon says:

Hi there.

Thank you for this however how do I install ISO’s on the machine? I created a folder however each iso I put it either does not show mup under the menu option or it says corrupted data.

Thanks

• Graxic says:

Simple. If it works the same way as my old PSP 1000’s CFW did, put it in a folder called ISO on the root of your memory card.
      You will have to create this folder.

13. toBsucht says:

2 floder! one at the root and a empty at PSP/GAME

14. Vaaryn says:

I just acquired a psp go that already has cfw 6.20 b10. I wanted to know If there was anyway to update or remove the cfw so that I could get the up to date 6.60? I’m still new to this.

15. LOLOLOL says:

i updated my pspgo to OFW 6.60, now trying to install PRO-C fix3 CFW, but everytime it reboots, it crashes/freezes right away. can someone help me with this problem? thanks!

16. Magaxsor says:

I need help, every time i go to setup and press x button my psp go freeze and its turn off, what can I do?

• Kenneth says:

reinstall happened to me a few times. you need to see FW as adaptive and almost living sometimes it dsnt socket right and goes bonkers.

17. Kenneth says:

Does this have devhook?

18. ammar says:

best site ever

19. eman says:

is this software already hack..

20. Juan says:

On step 2, you should copy the to the PSP/GAME folder, not the PSP folder.

21. sandesh says:

it says hold L for install,i hold it but the installation didnot start

22. sandesh says:

please say me how to do it

23. devang says:

when i use ur link to download (the first one) the file was something like 660.7z and then it says windows cant open this file what do i do now?

24. Bryan Mac says:

Thank you very much, I’ve spent hours trying to get this sorted, I had the eboots worked out but couldnt get custom firmware running, now running perfectly.

Thanks again πŸ˜€

25. kuel says:

HELP! after i installed this cfw, i can’t run ISO’s CSO’s or any homebrew. Everytime I try to launch them, I just get a black screen.

26. Salmaan says:

how do I uninstall it?

27. Salmaan says:

is there something like cipl o
    n 3000?

28. Adonis says:

I have the custom firmware on my PSP go and my problem is: After I use the “fast recovery” thing, I can’t make bluetooth work. Any help?

29. tokyop says:

Is there any way to do this without a memory card inserted? I don’t have any M2 cards, but since this thing has 16GB built in – is there no way to access that via USB?

Thanks!

30. Abdullmumeen says:

Can some one please make this clear for… Am kinda new to all this… Anything from you will be appreciated thanks! πŸ™‚

31. John Doe says:

Hi! I have a PSP Go CFW 6.20 Hen and when I updated to OFW 6.60 the update failed. Now it won’t boot. Please help

32. Andres says:

Hi. My psp works normally when I don’t have CFW installed. After installing, the screen appears to be normal, but my bottoms doesn’t work and I can’t do anything at all. Do you know any possibilty to solve this?

33. shikashvar says:

hi! hello everyone
    when i tried to download 6.39 pro update
    it says me that sorry the program doesnt work for u

34. shikashvar says:

hi everyone i updated 6.39 with the ofw 6.60 when i tried to install it says that this program is not compatible

35. xperimental says:

I am trying to run MGS:Peace Walker on the PSP-GO 660PRO-C.fix2&3 and it does not work.
    It is working on my other PSP-GO Pro635_B5
    Does anyone have a fix for PSP-GO 660PRO or do i need to downgrade to 635pro?

thanks,

36. Great software! Easy to install had no problems just make sure you follow the instructions given and then create a folder called ISO in the main root folder.

37. cloud says:

tyvm this took less then 5 minutes an installing games afterwards were a piece of cake very impressed i started with 6.60ofw then used proupdate went through the instructions it said work perfect it rebooted then i created a ISO folder in the root as soon u open ur device in my computer u put the folder there then put ur iso in the folder then go to games on device an it was there clicked it worked first try tyvm

38. Sanha says:

Thank you.. For uploading this! IT REALLY HELPED ME πŸ™‚

39. Marlusher says:

Hi.
    With Pro 6.60 I can play online too?

40. Megumi says: